Have been looking for a new truck for a while, and saw a Rodeo 3.0l auto Denver for £4.4k. Its a 53 reg

Two owners with no towing, and has a years mot on it. Isuzu servicing up until 55k and then he current owner hasserviced it himself since buying it year ago.

Only thing is it has done 96k miles and I'm a little put off buy this. Would high(ish) miles put anyone else off, or does it all really depend on giving it a deent check over with a mechanic?

Have seen a Navara 51 reg for 4 and has only done 55k miles. 2 owners as well.

What would you go for?

i would go with the isuzu there better bulit and the navaras to light on back end had one for a while had to keep a couple bags of sand in the back as for milege it wouldent bother me ive had ones that have don twice that and never let me down

My preference would be the Navara with mileage from either vehicle not being a problem provided there's some sort of service history. (which the Isuzu has)

The Isuzu is a nice truck but the auto gearbox is a 'cluncker' and 4 wheel drive can be quite difficult to engage and disengage due to the electronics. Quite good on 30mpg which is average for most 4 x 4's but the 3L engine only throw's out 129bhp with a hell of a lot of bottom end torque which again could make the back end skittish off road or on wet tarmac.

Has the Isuzu done 41k in one year ?? or is your year a typo in the thread.

The Navara on a 51 plate isn't the Navara of the present day .. it's a version of Nissans NP300 with a separate manual high / low gearbox lever (none electronic) far less spec than the Isuzu and probably with it's original steel wheels but it may have been upgraded.

Price wise will depend on their condition but both appear slightly overpriced but NOT by very much again it's a condition issue and service history ... that's your choice.

Spec / trim wise the Isuzu wins hands down .. mechanically the Navara is the better one.

My preference would be the Navara with mileage from either vehicle not being a problem provided there's some sort of service history. (which the Isuzu has)

The Isuzu is a nice truck but the auto gearbox is a 'cluncker' and 4 wheel drive can be quite difficult to engage and disengage due to the electronics. Quite good on 30mpg which is average for most 4 x 4's but the 3L engine only throw's out 129bhp with a hell of a lot of bottom end torque which again could make the back end skittish off road or on wet tarmac.

Has the Isuzu done 41k in one year ?? or is your year a typo in the thread.

The Navara on a 51 plate isn't the Navara of the present day .. it's a version of Nissans NP300 with a separate manual high / low gearbox lever (none electronic) far less spec than the Isuzu and probably with it's original steel wheels but it may have been upgraded.

Price wise will depend on their condition but both appear slightly overpriced but NOT by very much again it's a condition issue and service history ... that's your choice.

Spec / trim wise the Isuzu wins hands down .. mechanically the Navara is the better one.

Cheers Lads

The owner of the Rodeo said he had it for a year, and that he has serviced it himself since 55k so will need to dig into that a bit more and find out if it has actually done 41k in a year. It is an auto.

96k is f**k ALL mate!...lmao...mine ran like brand new and it had done 368.000!!!...i do NOT maintain my vehicahls either...always drving around with low/no oil, same with water in the rad, low air in tires...running on fumes etc, etc...i went straight through a telephone pole with it, and bent it in half like a boomarang...it sat in the drive for five months in the winter, and i turned the key, started FIRST time, like new...our neighbor brought it off of us foe $350, he cut the top off of it, and sold it to a guy in St.Louis for $650...

I would own another in a heart beat, never got it stuck, and i beat the f**k out of it!...GREAT motor!

Kye..

96k is f**k ALL mate!...lmao...mine ran like brand new and it had done 368.000!!!...i do NOT maintain my vehicahls either...always drving around with low/no oil, same with water in the rad, low air in tires...running on fumes etc, etc...i went straight through a telephone pole with it, and bent it in half like a boomarang...it sat in the drive for five months in the winter, and i turned the key, started FIRST time, like new...our neighbor brought it off of us foe $350, he cut the top off of it, and sold it to a guy in St.Louis for $650...

I would own another in a heart beat, never got it stuck, and i beat the f**k out of it!...GREAT motor!

Kye..

Is it the Isuzu you had Kye? Pretty impressive

Sorry for the late reply mate...yeah, it was the Izuzu!...seriously a FANTASTIC motore mate, beat the shit outta it, and never let us down...over terrian that had other trucks stuck easily!..

Kye..