They'll come big,small,rough and smooth at the end of the day litters of pups were bought from all over brought back to K,G's place and sold as gould bred so what size stamp and colour is anyone's guess.I thought ken sold up 20+ Years ago with the terriers.

What height are your Gould dogs lads, the black stuff. Wondering as I've got chance of pup out of these lines. Any info appreciate

What height are your Gould dogs lads, the black stuff. Wondering as I've got chance of pup out of these lines. Any info appreciated.

the 1s we have are built well and up in the leg-they get there and dont get pushed around :thumbs: atb

20yr ago he had kennel full off russells

Maybe so he did but also he had black dogs and 20 years ago sparticus was still alive and available at stud to any bitch in the country as long as you had £150 in your pocket.In 1994 in the shooting news there was a full page advert advertising all his dogs for sale because he was selling up.

I was sold this patterdale dog a few years ago off a drunk from derby and he said this dog was sparticus lines one of the great grandchildren of smithy....i never knew whether to beleive him.

But i have never had any problems with his working abilitys, he is one of the hardest working dogs i have ever come across.....He is 16"- 17" tall he can get into the tightest spaces....the first fox he went to he took its head off killed it straight out, i breed off him alot i have never had any complains off the off springs what he has thrown they have all turned out very good and hard working dogs....i kept a bitch out of him off my bitch and she has turned out well as well :good: :good: :good:

img012small0ah.jpg

This dog always throws back dullclaws for some reason...he doesnt get bit often either :good:

good size dog my cup of tea that

I was sold this patterdale dog a few years ago off a drunk from derby and he said this dog was sparticus lines one of the great grandchildren of smithy....i never knew whether to beleive him.

But i have never had any problems with his working abilitys, he is one of the hardest working dogs i have ever come across.....He is 16"- 17" tall he can get into the tightest spaces....the first fox he went to he took its head off killed it straight out, i breed off him alot i have never had any complains off the off springs what he has thrown they have all turned out very good and hard working dogs....i kept a bitch out of him off my bitch and she has turned out well as well :good: :good: :good:

img012small0ah.jpg

This dog always throws back dullclaws for some reason...he doesnt get bit often either :good:

good size dog my cup of tea that

that was seven years ago mate

Yo Yo, why kep Goildy stuf if its pure Pish LOL.

Ive a Bitch here with Gouldy Stuff in her, on both sides, one side has beddy in her, a line that threw very hard bitches.

The other side had workeers that are and still are very highly rated by certain members on here.

Infact I would dare say enough that I know a lot about my bitches breeding and their work style and history than most others.

Amazing what you can find out over time and uncover the ACTUAL truth.

heres another view on it ---- dog dealer puppy peddler --whatever you call him he had lads queueing at his door for near on 30 year -- so was it all shite he was selling ? :hmm:.who at the time had better black stuff that you could buy on a saturday and dig over on a sunday ? .. out of all the countrys so called top russell men where else could you buy russells that you had half a chance of digging over ? ... and either that would win shows ? . whatever you call him he was on top of the game when it came to the breeding and supply of working and show terriers at the time ?.. he was out the game for a long while came back had a dabble at it a few year back and bred working black stuff and show winning russells simply because people asked him to .. the likes of gould chapman middleton and nuttal will be talked about some good some bad for a long time after they`ve gone ... how longs the sparticus dog been in the ground ? :hmm:

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 3
Guest alcapone

heres another view on it ---- dog dealer puppy peddler --whatever you call him he had lads queueing at his door for near on 30 year -- so was it all shite he was selling ? :hmm:.who at the time had better black stuff that you could buy on a saturday and dig over on a sunday ? .. out of all the countrys so called top russell men where else could you buy russells that you had half a chance of digging over ? ... and either that would win shows ? . whatever you call him he was on top of the game when it came to the breeding and supply of working and show terriers at the time ?.. he was out the game for a long while came back had a dabble at it a few year back and bred working black stuff and show winning russells simply because people asked him to .. the likes of gould chapman middleton and nuttal will be talked about some good some bad for a long time after they`ve gone ... how longs the sparticus dog been in the ground ? :hmm:

Well said stig,if any other man other than gouldy had smithy where would all the favoured lines of today come from? Powells,harcombes,stevens,cashmore,evans,even brightmore used simon on bitches,and many many more all have dogs/lines traceable back to dogs that ken bred out of smithy,he's bred some of the best foundation dogs in the world,how many other men can boast that? Certainly not nuttall,the man that had a photo of harcombes jack hanging on his wall claiming to have bred him.......theres only one ken gould,his likes will never be seen again,EVER!! Any decent working lines today can be traced back and based on a dog bred fron ken gould,do your homework. Edited by alcapone
  • Like 3