In your green house you can plant the following in March:

Tomatoes and Cucumbers in a propagator.

Radish, Lettuce, french Bean, carrot, capsicum, beetroot, Aubergine. for later maturing in the green house.

The following can planted for setting out later

Courgette, celery, runner bean, Sweet corn, leeks and lots of herbs.

Any more questions ask away....I am currenlty reading abook on greenhouses... :tongue2:

One piece of advice from my father, a lifelong gardener:'stick to the stuff that's expensive to buy'.

He wouldn't grow carrots, for example. By the time you'd dug them up, washed them, prepped them, it was easier just to go down the shop and buy a pound.

In a small greenhouse, you're best off growing compact capsicums, chillis and maybe aubergines. You can grow tomatoes outside, especially the cherry varieties and ones like Gardener's Delight. Start them in the greenhouse, prick out to 9cm pots, plant out when frost danger is over.

Stuff like beetroot, parsnip and carrots are just sown direct into prepared ground once it's warmed up a bit, late March usually. Thin them out to one every 10cm or so. French bean is also direct sown outside. Runner beans are best started off in the greenhouse and planted out after the last frost.

Any variety of marrow should be started in the greenhouse.

One last thing: if you grow veg, it's best to use fresh seed. Lettuce seed especially rarely germinates well the second year, if opened.

Good luck with it. No better feeling than eating stuff you've grown yourself, and the taste is better as well.

In March I will be planting Shallots, Onions, Parsnip and Broad beans (The Sutton). It all depends what part of the country you live in. Cornwall can be a month earlier than Scotland. There is one cabbage that you can sow now and have a return on by June thats Duncan a F1 variety that you can sow almost all the year round. I get it from Marshals seeds, but having done a quick google there are a few places that sell it. It is expensive seed but well worth it.

These are some from last year.

2007_0623wallart210001.jpg

I kept a rotation going and even with the root fly and the cabbage white I still had a good return on them.

TC

Good point there mate.

F1 seed gives plants that all mature at the same time, so you sow small batches every fortnight or so to get a succession of cropping.

Non F1 seed has natural variation in maturing times, so you can sow it all at once.

And don't forget to stock up on slug pellets.... :D