dazzling rabbits

Iv done it not sure if it does much tbh....

Just makes me feel like am joining in with the chace and helping the dog that little bit more....

But tbh i dont see much difference with it unless the rabbit is running towards the beam and is with in yards then it does seem to knock them abit.....put there heads up there arse and confuses them abit giving the dog the edge....some see it as unfair.....i just see it as helping the dog get the catch...

Witton

It can help to keep a rabbit squatting while the dog goes down the beam. It's also supposed to put rabbits off a bit as they get near to cover sort of like a strobe effect, i do it but i'm not sure if it works really.

I have also heard of people flicking the lamp off for a split second as a rabbit gets close to cover to disorientate it does anyone do this and find that it works, it seems like it could be a bit dangerous for the dog in some areas such as near to wire what are peoples thoughts?

how many of you shake the lamp on running rabbits to dazzle them ive seen it done on video youtube ect ,do you think it gives the dog the edge over the rabbit or something else ive never done it myself :whistling:

I shake the lamp side to side very fast when they are heading for cover.to get the strobe effect it disorientates them

how many of you shake the lamp on running rabbits to dazzle them ive seen it done on video youtube ect ,do you think it gives the dog the edge over the rabbit or something else ive never done it myself :whistling:

I shake the lamp side to side very fast when they are heading for cover.to get the strobe effect it disorientates them

STROBE, BLOW YOUR AND HAVE A RAVE :boogie:

I have also heard of people flicking the lamp off for a split second as a rabbit gets close to cover to disorientate it does anyone do this and find that it works, it seems like it could be a bit dangerous for the dog in some areas such as near to wire what are peoples thoughts?

I sometimes do this if the shaking aint having much effect. i just flick the lamp up in the air very quick,it deffo confuses the rabbit and most will turn back out to open ground totally lost.

could be a little dangerous for dog but surly shaking can be :hmm:

cheers DEX :drink:;)