SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

On 01/05/2019 at 08:24, Rabbit Hunter said:

Would you say the dogs you keep seem to throw to a certain type now Glyn? My mate has one from your stuff and it has that look aswell as a couple of others I’ve seen, same head shapes.

the type was been around well before i got them , its a type i like so i suppose i've selected it , here's a photo of Butcher sire of my first bitch i got 35 years ago head types the same i think , he was line bred on Breays Rusty and Kipper via Brians Penny and Punch and so was the dam of my first bitch but both had slightly different outcross blood  

Butcher and Rip

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 5

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glyn..... said:

the type was been around well before i got them , its a type i like so i suppose i've selected it , here's a photo of Butcher sire of my first bitch i got 35 years ago head types the same i think , he was line bred on Breays Rusty and Kipper via Brians Penny and Punch and so was the dam of my first bitch but both had slightly different outcross blood  

Butcher and Rip

butcher (1).jpg

Like the look of them pal, atb

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Butcher and Rip

butcher (1).jpg

You're doing yourself an injustice there Glyn, they're no where near the quality of stamp as that pup, not even close.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, dillydog said:

You're doing yourself an injustice there Glyn, they're no where near the quantity of stamp as that pup, not even close.

Cheers Dillydog , but i was only on about the heads, i've made the rest pretty :) it would be nice now to go back and see them dogs see how i would rate them now , i was bright eyed bushy tailed and green as grass back then lol 

2 hours ago, dillydog said:

You're doing yourself an injustice there Glyn, they're no where near the quantity of stamp as that pup, not even close.

With all due respect Dilly I'd have to disagree. He's a fine pup but that butcher dog on the left is a cracking animal imo...

• Like 2

You're free to disagree Kaiser, it's hard to tell off a picture, you don't have the benefit of handling the dogs, but the head is no where near the same quality. Glyn you'd know more than most but don't put on the rose tinted glasses, your pup has a much better muzzle and much better bone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dillydog said:

You're free to disagree Kaiser, it's hard to tell off a picture, you don't have the benefit of handling the dogs, but the head is no where near the same quality. Glyn you'd know more than most but don't put on the rose tinted glasses, your pup has a much better muzzle and much better bone.

Dillydog i can't honestly say now and its not a case of rose tinted glasses Butcher was as close to the perfect type for me back then but we dug him dead on the 6th of feb 1988 the photo was taken a few years before and is the only reference i have , he was a bit heavy chested as where a few of that old nuttall blood , the bitch he was mated to was a much neater  type i do remember that,the pup has about 20 lines back to both of them  and its still fingers crossed he'll do the job :)

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Apache... said:

Was that butcher dog down from Monty Glyn similar looking dog big white blaze on his chest too if I remember correctly.

he was by Poker out of  a daughter of Smithy and Rag's