00taz11

SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

Use a blow torch on the nose hairs  dilly ,smarts a bit ,just got to man up lol.

As for the stripping V  clipping.Anybody can do a half decent job with the clippers in a fraction of the time whereas  hand stripping is time consuming and only a few coat types are any good for it .Poorly stripped coats are an eyesore as is leaving the leg unclippered part way down but that’s just me .Ive never owned the coarse coat  that allows hand stripping but had many that could be clipped .I personally don’t think it matters either way to affect regrowth but hand stripping lasts longer I’m told .As for pulling out dead hair lol can’t get my head round that one .

Dogs are clipped against the grain ,hand stripped with it .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

From the back you must resemble a dildo with ears 

And from the front I look like a cock, I see where this is going  😔

• Haha 2

Wouldn’t know where to start stripping a dog, clippers every time this stripping nonsense came in from these showing fools, hand strip a dog incase it rains when it’s posing keeps the rain off🤣 bull shit

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Use a blow torch on the nose hairs  dilly ,smarts a bit ,just got to man up lol.

As for the stripping V  clipping.Anybody can do a half decent job with the clippers in a fraction of the time whereas  hand stripping is time consuming and only a few coat types are any good for it .Poorly stripped coats are an eyesore as is leaving the leg unclippered part way down but that’s just me .Ive never owned the coarse coat  that allows hand stripping but had many that could be clipped .I personally don’t think it matters either way to affect regrowth but hand stripping lasts longer I’m told .As for pulling out dead hair lol can’t get my head round that one .

Dogs are clipped against the grain ,hand stripped with it .

Can’t get your head round pulling dead hair out? Dogs moult that’s dead hair , for somebody who’s not hand stripped a dog you know some stuff.

Dead hair falls out mate.

Not having a go just an opinion lol.

You don’t need to strip for that to happen neither does it come away in clumps unless you comb / strip 

21 minutes ago, BIG TRG said:

Wouldn’t know where to start stripping a dog, clippers every time this stripping nonsense came in from these showing fools, hand strip a dog incase it rains when it’s posing keeps the rain off🤣 bull shit

Stripping is for showing and clipping for workers !! You have that the wrong way round, how long have you owned working dogs 18 months.

11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Dead hair falls out mate.

Not having a go just an opinion lol.

It does fallout to an extent but you can speed the process along . 

I’d say it’s more of a show thing without a doubt, every time I’ve shaved the dogs the hair has always come back exactly how it was to begin with?

• Like 1

Hand stripping was done because there was no clippers 😂 clipping is done Cos it’s lazy. Both sound like a lot hard work. Just run ye mutt throo some big bramble backs an they will strip emselfs😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I’d say it’s more of a show thing without a doubt, every time I’ve shaved the dogs the hair has always come back exactly how it was to begin with?

Well it will do cos you have only ever clipped it!! Stripping is for both working and showing as it’s the best coat for both, what amazes me is the ones who have only ever clipped there dogs know best,I strip my dogs because it’s whats best for them regards protection, I put the same effort into keeping them fit,feeding, housing, obedience and hunting every day it’s all part of looking after your dogs correctly no half measures for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Str said:

Well it will do cos you have only ever clipped it!! Stripping is for both working and showing as it’s the best coat for both, what amazes me is the ones who have only ever clipped there dogs know best,I strip my dogs because it’s whats best for them regards protection, I put the same effort into keeping them fit,feeding, housing, obedience and hunting every day it’s all part of looking after your dogs correctly no half measures for me.

I don’t get what you mean? Every time I’ve shaved my dogs coats they’ve grown back exactly how they were before I shaved them, what’s wrong about that? I don’t know best at all, I’m just saying what I’ve seen on my own dogs. And regarding the rest of the stuff to keeping dogs fit and healthy, mine don’t get no half measures either, that’s for certain.

If you have only ever shaved them you will see no improvement the coat will just stay the same as you have found, if you stripped the coat for the first time you would see an improvement, how do I know that ? Because I’ve done it many times to many dogs and not once has someone said to me the coat is just the same as before, rabbit hunter all I can say to you is try it and you will be converted, it takes 2-3 hours to do one dog.

• Like 2

a patterdale x Lakeland type I know has been to a groomers twice, first time he came back stripped and finished with scissors, second time clipped all over "because of the type of coat he's got"? The groomer has kc stripped show dogs