SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Gutted for you, know how it feels all to well, lost the best worker I ever owned after a dig of similar depth in running sand. 

Id rather a dig in hard tough ground knowing the terrier is safe than an easy one in sand, its a bas tard. A terrier killer, wonder how many animals die living in sand earths

26 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Id rather a dig in hard tough ground knowing the terrier is safe than an easy one in sand, its a bas tard. A terrier killer, wonder how many animals die living in sand earths

The earth was hard to dig through, not soft, this is the 3rd dog of mine I’ve personally had to dig to dead and this is the only time the quarry was still alive.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Wasn't a cave in that killed mine either len, but the sides of the dig cracking and sliding in made for slow going which didn't help. 

• Like 1

Just having a chat earlier today with a couple of lads I know well , they were saying it’s getting harder and harder to get genuine digging tykes these days from outside their circle as the dilution and overbreeding to cash in has hit round them hard . 

anyone else experienced this ?? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just having a chat earlier today with a couple of lads I know well , they were saying it’s getting harder and harder to get genuine digging tykes these days from outside their circle as the dilution and overbreeding to cash in has hit round them hard . 

anyone else experienced this ?? 

I think if you move in a circle of lads. Then a lad in your circle will know other genuine lads in another circle who will be happy to give a stud pup etc. much the same as the running dogs. It’s when people think they can do it alone and not give a bit to gain a bit come un stuck. 

• Like 4