SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tank, 3 years old

Just got him out, just over 8 hours...... home bath, pjs on then bed.....

Posted Images

i got a smooth coated patterdale myself but in many pictures i also see pats with half long rough hair on them. is there other than the hair other differences between the 2 ? and does the longer hair work better for the pat in bush high gras brambles nettles and such.  does the long hair collect sticky weeds and are they hard to get out? 

i got 2 ratting terriers now one is a smooth coated pat the other is a fluffy haired kooierhondje x boernenfox. 

the pat goes throug bush and weeds and such well but she did once pick up a nasty cut(needed 4 staples) from sharp reeds. and on time after a long chase after a rat on the side of a heavy thick vegetated ditch she had multiple inimini tiny cuts around the eyes so extra hair on this dog seems llike a good idea to me

the kooiker x boerenfox got extremely soft and fluffy hair she will think twice or even more before she enters thick and heavy undergrowth and or muddy water. but when she knows there rats there.... wel the result of that many lost time washing and grooming this dog the sticky weeds are  impossible to get out sometimes without using a knife and if i leave the she would start to morph into one giant mono dread

by the way how the f**k dodo you turn the pictures on this forum and why do the seem to have a will of there own and jump and flipflop before i make them land here on the forum?

image0.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, huckelberry said:

i got a smooth coated patterdale myself but in many pictures i also see pats with half long rough hair on them. is there other than the hair other differences between the 2 ? and does the longer hair work better for the pat in bush high gras brambles nettles and such.  does the long hair collect sticky weeds and are they hard to get out? 

i got 2 ratting terriers now one is a smooth coated pat the other is a fluffy haired kooierhondje x boernenfox. 

the pat goes throug bush and weeds and such well but she did once pick up a nasty cut(needed 4 staples) from sharp reeds. and on time after a long chase after a rat on the side of a heavy thick vegetated ditch she had multiple inimini tiny cuts around the eyes so extra hair on this dog seems llike a good idea to me

the kooiker x boerenfox got extremely soft and fluffy hair she will think twice or even more before she enters thick and heavy undergrowth and or muddy water. but when she knows there rats there.... wel the result of that many lost time washing and grooming this dog the sticky weeds are  impossible to get out sometimes without using a knife and if i leave the she would start to morph into one giant mono dread

by the way how the f**k dodo you turn the pictures on this forum and why do the seem to have a will of there own and jump and flipflop before i make them land here on the forum?

image0.jpeg

To your question does it work better in brambles, run your head through them, then give yourself a 1 all over and do it again, see which hurts more. 
for me personally I prefer a smooth coat, but that’s because I’m a lazy b*****d, ask the show guys and they’ll beg to differ. 

• Haha 2