SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tank, 3 years old

Just got him out, just over 8 hours...... home bath, pjs on then bed.....

Posted Images

16 hours ago, fat man said:

Had a dog here years ago that was down of phelans poker,,very hard dog for his size. 

the butcher dog out of poker had gears and was a decent digging dog 

Edited by Glyn.....

when I first got mine they had about five lines back to Breays Tig and she was a choc , early nuttall stuff throw a lot of choc stuff , the sister to Nuttalls brood bitch Penny was a rough coated choc very much like Dillydogs terriers , I think when people started line breeding the choc gene  reappeared 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

when I first got mine they had about five lines back to Breays Tig and she was a choc , early nuttall stuff throw a lot of choc stuff , the sister to Nuttalls brood bitch Penny was a rough coated choc very much like Dillydogs terriers , I think when people started line breeding the choc gene  reappeared 

Would you say people bred for the choc gene though as some strains throw a very high percentage of them .Was there a point in your breeding when you realised one dog was throwing chocs  and bred to it or did you breed purely to follow the work and the choc gene manifested itself as a result .Just interested mate . 

• Like 4

well to be honest and looking back 30 odd year and just breeding workers I wasnt really in control you're often end up breeding worker to worker sometimes because  breeding what you had left alive to breed that summer,  I've bred stuff for blood and it's worked  often it's based on faith  

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 8
15 hours ago, chesney said:

Glyn does the white blaze on there  chest still appear or would it have been bred dont see much of the black dogs with it as much anymore.

I've not breed many with any white on them , and I don't know why,  my bitch out of that dog was  pure black but one of her brothers and a thin white blaze on his head a white front leg and white from under his chin to his belly