SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, shaneg said:

None of that ground around us a few inches of that white stuff at most but very uncommon 

it's everywhere around the 1 area we dig mixed with big chunks of flint,horrible stuff if there's been no rain.....when it's been dry,the quarry seem to search out the deeper spots?can be hard going then?IMG-20170115-WA0000.jpg.93d393718fc1d42510a08df94bec82b5.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Just now, foxdropper said:

All the upper ground round me is chalk with sand on the lower .Nice pics S .

sand I hate with a passion,would happily  walk past it given the choice   ☹mixed with that chalk dust, the older dogs suffer terrible  with their eyes ?stuffs not digging on to far in that chalk...local in the Welsh valleys it's all coal ash and shale ,we call it  duff ,can collapse like sand,known plenty dogs come unstuck in relative easy spots not that deep☹then right by me are old tin mines....run stuff to ground and a little rabbit spot from the outside opens up into places you can stand up and run down in places?IMG_20171001_152024_334.thumb.jpg.553fcf56655ad9aadb49825b1c91dbab.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Brought up digging sand so know how to deal with it ,no pissy little holes ,no jumping in and no tunnelling on .A deep dig is daunting though 

Nail on the head bud, do a bit with sand too, can guarantee it’s lying in the deepest sandiest place every time and I always tackle it, couldn’t sleep at night if I walked away from it?

• Confused 1

The stuff here in kk is hard slig we try to avoid the hard places but eventually keep going back to place that hold year in year out they maybe hard digging and I mean seriously hard that you what ta give up and each year you repeat I'm never coming back here but each year we lie to ourselves. But a dig is a dig and be glad of it.

• Like 3