SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Probably a thread of its own but sharp tooth v chibbler ,narrow pointed long spade .I would use a chibbler for stone but each to their own .Life too short for arguing .??

I’m the same mate, but if I had to choose one to carry that I know would get me out of MOST sticky situations I would defo take the sharp tooth

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

sharptooth comes in handy for when the ground is baked dry?sketch-1535213759853.png.a3c5f13654be88c996f53a36a7f42f3b.png

They are a good job Dan I have used one on the odd dig  maybe it’s just me I try to avoid earths that deep lol not getting any younger but I am getting wiser ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Mixedgrill said:

They are a good job Dan I have used one on the odd dig  maybe it’s just me I try to avoid earths that deep lol not getting any younger but I am getting wiser ?

with age come experience so the more experience the deeper more difficult the earth should be the rule

sure thats the way it is for a terrier if only young terrier lads had the same thought process then there might not be as many failed first season dogs

6 minutes ago, milliken said:

with age come experience so the more experience the deeper more difficult the earth should be the rule

sure thats the way it is for a terrier if only young terrier lads had the same thought process then there might not be as many failed first season dogs

I’d put my terriers in most places but only a fool will go looking a deep earth for me I like nothing more than being able to listen to a terrier work and given it time to settle and then making the experience all more enjoyable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Mixedgrill said:

I’d put my terriers in most places but only a fool will go looking a deep earth for me I like nothing more than being able to listen to a terrier work and given it time to settle and then making the experience all more enjoyable 

Everyone loves a shallow one now and again but nothing like going home with a smile on yer face after the dog has put in a good shift in a hard place like DC first pic there, a lot of dogs will do a couple of hours and it’s the deep hard ones that let you know what type of dog your keeping?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, BIG TRG said:

Everyone loves a shallow one now and again but nothing like going home with a smile on yer face after the dog has put in a good shift in a hard place like DC first pic there, a lot of dogs will do a couple of hours and it’s the deep hard ones that let you know what type of dog your keeping?

Agreed tho them deep hard places will come to us all at some stage. I suppose it’s all down to what type of dog you keep to dig these hard places 

• Like 1