SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tank, 3 years old

Just got him out, just over 8 hours...... home bath, pjs on then bed.....

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I’d say it’s more of a show thing without a doubt, every time I’ve shaved the dogs the hair has always come back exactly how it was to begin with?

Well it will do cos you have only ever clipped it!! Stripping is for both working and showing as it’s the best coat for both, what amazes me is the ones who have only ever clipped there dogs know best,I strip my dogs because it’s whats best for them regards protection, I put the same effort into keeping them fit,feeding, housing, obedience and hunting every day it’s all part of looking after your dogs correctly no half measures for me.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Str said:

Well it will do cos you have only ever clipped it!! Stripping is for both working and showing as it’s the best coat for both, what amazes me is the ones who have only ever clipped there dogs know best,I strip my dogs because it’s whats best for them regards protection, I put the same effort into keeping them fit,feeding, housing, obedience and hunting every day it’s all part of looking after your dogs correctly no half measures for me.

I don’t get what you mean? Every time I’ve shaved my dogs coats they’ve grown back exactly how they were before I shaved them, what’s wrong about that? I don’t know best at all, I’m just saying what I’ve seen on my own dogs. And regarding the rest of the stuff to keeping dogs fit and healthy, mine don’t get no half measures either, that’s for certain.

If you have only ever shaved them you will see no improvement the coat will just stay the same as you have found, if you stripped the coat for the first time you would see an improvement, how do I know that ? Because I’ve done it many times to many dogs and not once has someone said to me the coat is just the same as before, rabbit hunter all I can say to you is try it and you will be converted, it takes 2-3 hours to do one dog.

• Like 2

a patterdale x Lakeland type I know has been to a groomers twice, first time he came back stripped and finished with scissors, second time clipped all over "because of the type of coat he's got"? The groomer has kc stripped show dogs

24 minutes ago, Str said:

If you have only ever shaved them you will see no improvement the coat will just stay the same as you have found, if you stripped the coat for the first time you would see an improvement, how do I know that ? Because I’ve done it many times to many dogs and not once has someone said to me the coat is just the same as before, rabbit hunter all I can say to you is try it and you will be converted, it takes 2-3 hours to do one dog.

Who gives a f**k how it looks? both have the same end result!! Am oot themorn for a keeper getting a bit of bother, dog was shaved last week hope he doesn’t walk or al have to wait till it grows and hand strip um so he stays?

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Str said:

You're presuming I've never stripped a dog, I've done both for years, clipping, stripping, same result. Rabbit hunters dogs coat started right, got clipped, came back right, what's to know ?

Does hand stripping give the coat super powers ?

I've clipped a couple out in the yard a few weeks ago, you're welcome to run your hands over them, you won't find any soft coats here

Edited by dillydog
  • Thanks 1
On 04/04/2019 at 21:28, dillydog said:

No it doesn't,  how in Gods name could it ?

I always shave every terrier in the garden if they have a coat that needs it, NEVER ONCE has it made a coat soft.........it's a myth made up by show shit idiots

Which is it? You have always shaved every terrier in the garden? Or your latest post you have stripped and clipped dogs for years? Which is it? If clipping is the answer why have you persisted in stripping dogs as we’ll? Your full of shite and I for one wouldn’t believe anything you say on this forum.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
1 hour ago, Str said:

Which is it? You have always shaved every terrier in the garden? Or your latest post you have stripped and clipped dogs for years? Which is it? If clipping is the answer why have you persisted in stripping dogs as we’ll? Your full of shite and I for one wouldn’t believe anything you say on this forum.

What makes the man full of it, because he’s done both stripping and clipping? Bit brutal to come out with that comment Str.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Str said:

You sound like one of them guys who has done everything better than everyone else and trying to pick at a man for his wording , dilly probably had terriers longer than I’ve been pissing standing up and I ain’t no spring chicken , obviously a man who has had terriers as long as he has has stripped and clipped terriers in his time he simply said he always clips every dog on his yard , didn’t mention that he never stripped one did he , you have your opinion that clipping affects hair follicles, he disagrees and seem as thoniv shaved dogs to with out any difference what so ever in coat I think it’s bull shit to and I’m sure there’s lads on here who don’t believe a single thing you say ,,,,,,,, especially that shaving hairs alters. Follicles lol 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Str said:

What a bellend, I've kept and worked terriers for 35 years, obviously in that time I've tried all manner of methods of stripping and clipping. Not every dog in my yard warrants clipping, if the coat is short enough to brush and strip easily enough then they get that, if they look like the arse end of a wooly mammoth then they'll get clipped.

Genuine offer, come and run your hands over one, make an informed judgement instead of talking out of your arse

• Like 5