SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

Think about it logically,  what do you think happens to the hair, does the panic set in at the follicle or mid hair just after it's been cut ? 

Does the hairs molecular structure change because it's been cut absolutely no where near the follicle  ?

It doesn't make sense because it's bollox

• Haha 1

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tank, 3 years old

Just got him out, just over 8 hours...... home bath, pjs on then bed.....

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, dillydog said:

So it never grows back then ?

And why would clipping a dog change the direction of the hair growth or type of hair when all you are doing is cutting the hair ?

The hair grows from the follicle in the dermis, how do you imagine that cutting what's above the skin would change the genetics or process of growth under the skin ?

Surely it's more detrimental to yank out hair while hand stripping,  each to their own.

I've clipped every terrier I own since jesus was a kid, not a bad coat on the yard.

Shaving dogs however doesn't keep them cool, it has the opposite affect. 

gr1.jpg

24-0-c-flir-this-is-a-thermal-image-of-a-34534214.png

I didn’t say the coat wouldn’t grow back.the reason why the dogs coat changes direction is because clipping damages the outer guard hairs but the under coat is not damaged so grows as normal ,with the guard  hairs damaged and the under coat growing as normal the coat grows out .when stripping the dogs coat your pulling dead coat out so there’s no damage to the follicle.you may have always clipped your dogs and that’s upto you but there is a better way .

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, dillydog said:

No it doesn't,  how in Gods name could it ?

I always shave every terrier in the garden if they have a coat that needs it, NEVER ONCE has it made a coat soft.........it's a myth made up by show shit idiots

Get a border, shave one side and strip the other and then in a few months tell me it doesn't change the coat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Shaving can/does make the coat softer.

Them furminators are good for raking out thick dead undercoat too for anyone with thick coated dogs that suffer in the heat.

Don’t know anything about this changing coat malarkey but I do like the furminators, always brush and hand strip purely because I prefer the look of a hand striped coat. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Nonsense,  one hair can stand it but the other can't  "really " 

There’s two types of hair the outer hard coat and a softer under coat. Advice, wise men don’t need it and fools won’t take it.

12 minutes ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

We will get round to that mate, have abit of patience! Need to make sure I am clipping these terriers in the correct manner first Hahahaha don’t want their work performance slacking due to it! ???

only show shit anyway

Edited by milliken