SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

Cant make head nor tail of this inbreeding linebreeding genetics x y chromsomes stuff il just take a chance and breed them as close as possible and say prayer for them everytime they go ta ground if they stay till dug to my prayers been answered and if they walk well they have a bed in doggy heaven.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/02/2019 at 14:44, Glyn..... said:

i know that terriers bred the same way at the same time were handy workers in this country , i have exchanged emails with some in the US for 20 years discussing their dogs , and watched with interest how their dogs did once in europe , (bought mainly because they have papers ) some of these terriers have 5 gens of tight bred blood thats not seen a spade in all that time, i've kept related blood and bred some right turkeys off them ,  so to quote dillydog , could this be enough , does it not make a mockery of what many of us believe and has been written on this forum many times, "bred from your best workers" or is it just a case of the blood shines and it pure luck the best workers end up in the hands of people that work them  there is a certain amount of the devil advocate in these posts but Nuttall and Gould both told me years ago , a generation of no work does no harm, i just put it down to sales pitch from them  both  !!!!  

Glyn so believe worker produces a worker and a non worker can't produce a worker?  I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you said right. And just because the folks you talk to over here are not doing anything with there dog's does not mean other's are not.  And no not everyone over here buys dogs because of the paper's either,  that is the dumbest thing I ever heard!  But there are some that do and there are just as many that do over on your side also.  So what's your point to that?  You and others always slate the American which isn't cool because we're not all fucktard and give a f**k about PEDs. And if your gonna talk trash talk about the ones on your side of the pond selling to these fucktard over here there stolen dogs and fake PEDs! We don't have dog thieves like over there buddy just some peddlers and paper hangers. I like what you have to say Glyn but you talk about all Americans and  you sound like a racist! And I'm not sure you ever heard this before but I'll say it anyways,  NOT ALL WORKERS ARE PRODUCER'S,  AND SOMETIMES THE ONE NOBODY WANTS IS THE PRODUCER!  ever hear that before?  That's why a lot of great pit men had big yards!  The good ones kept whole litters for a reason. Is it always better to bred to a great worker?  Of course it is!  But don't ever say the cold dog won't produce a great working dog because it's been proven why to many times that it could.  I'm just saying

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
12 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Glyn so believe worker produces a worker and a non worker can't produce a worker?  I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you said right. And just because the folks you talk to over here are not doing anything with there dog's does not mean other's are not.  And no not everyone over here buys dogs because of the paper's either,  that is the dumbest thing I ever heard!  But there are some that do and there are just as many that do over on your side also.  So what's your point to that?  You and others always slate the American which isn't cool because we're not all fucktard and give a f**k about PEDs. And if your gonna talk trash talk about the ones on your side of the pond selling to these fucktard over here there stolen dogs and fake PEDs! We don't have dog thieves like over there buddy just some peddlers and paper hangers. I like what you have to say Glyn but you talk about all Americans and  you sound like a racist! And I'm not sure you ever heard this before but I'll say it anyways,  NOT ALL WORKERS ARE PRODUCER'S,  AND SOMETIMES THE ONE NOBODY WANTS IS THE PRODUCER!  ever hear that before?  That's why a lot of great pit men had big yards!  The good ones kept whole litters for a reason. Is it always better to bred to a great worker?  Of course it is!  But don't ever say the cold dog won't produce a great working dog because it's been proven why to many times that it could.  I'm just saying

Any bitch from a non worker to a complete cur can produce a good if not outstanding worker as has happened some several times with different dogs but its to breed proven workers consistently litter after litter that's where breeding and know how come into practice.many years ago I had a dog who built himself quite a reputation as a digging dog but put to several good digging bitchs never produced anything worth mentioning and then on one occasion a man took his bitch to him to get a service just because he liked the look of the dog and this was a non hunting man and bitch actually I'd go as far as to say the bitch was never of the lead.she went on to have 4 pups 3 dogs and a bitch.he arrived at my house with a 8 week old bitch pup which I did not want but my son who was only 4 at the time wanted the pup so I took it for him.like a lot of kids he soon grew tired of the pup but at this stage she was about 9 months old And mad keen already finding and killing rats in the ditch begin the house.when the season came around she was about 13 months and nice and strong so I decided to give her a try and she took to the earth work like a natural.they were pre locater days and I lost her in a big embankment at the back of a quarry in her second season but by then she had accounted for a lot of game.in my mind she was just a freak from a good dog to a bitch that never seen a field let alone an earth but she was a very useful bitch.I met the man and asked him how the mother to the bitch was bred and he told me he bought her as a pup in the pet shop but goes to show a bad one can throw a will throw the odd good one but not consistently.

• Like 4
On 11/02/2019 at 20:44, Glyn..... said:

i know that terriers bred the same way at the same time were handy workers in this country , i have exchanged emails with some in the US for 20 years discussing their dogs , and watched with interest how their dogs did once in europe , (bought mainly because they have papers ) some of these terriers have 5 gens of tight bred blood thats not seen a spade in all that time, i've kept related blood and bred some right turkeys off them ,  so to quote dillydog , could this be enough , does it not make a mockery of what many of us believe and has been written on this forum many times, "bred from your best workers" or is it just a case of the blood shines and it pure luck the best workers end up in the hands of people that work them  there is a certain amount of the devil advocate in these posts but Nuttall and Gould both told me years ago , a generation of no work does no harm, i just put it down to sales pitch from them  both  !!!!  

Gould would say that, he was churning pups out just to supply demand often not being straight with where they came from.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, rob284 said:

Gould would say that, he was churning pups out just to supply demand often not being straight with where they came from.

Gould would say that?  That's crazy to hear that a breeder would admit to peddling just to supply the demand of dog's.  It's kinda ironic don't you think?  In one way he is being honest by saying that  and then he is not being honest by breeding to just supply the demand and  not being straight were they came from.  Weird stuff.  Not being a smart ass rob but did he personally tell you this?  Like I said not starting anything just curious that's all just seems weird. 

The more comes up about most them older dogmen the more shit seems ta come between fake peds stolen dogs and jackers god knows what else only truth in them black dogs is work what ya have in the here and now a breed from them yourself.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, chesney said:

The more comes up about most them older dogmen the more shit seems ta come between fake peds stolen dogs and jackers god knows what else only truth in them black dogs is work what ya have in the here and now a breed from them yourself.  

Hit the nail on the head

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Gould would say that?  That's crazy to hear that a breeder would admit to peddling just to supply the demand of dog's.  It's kinda ironic don't you think?  In one way he is being honest by saying that  and then he is not being honest by breeding to just supply the demand and  not being straight were they came from.  Weird stuff.  Not being a smart ass rob but did he personally tell you this?  Like I said not starting anything just curious that's all just seems weird. 

I don’t see anything weird about it to be honest, If a lad is making 5 figures a year from litters of pups, sure he isn’t working all his dogs and testing them before he is breeding them. I know for a fact he was breeding from other dogs and passing them on as his breeding.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ace Boone coon said:

You’ve misread the good old British sarcasm on that post I’d say, he’s not saying Gould has actually said them words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, chesney said:

What I wrote had nothing to do with any PEDs nor stolen dog's Chesney if what you wrote was referring to me.  I made a comment to Glyn and nobody else till I saw rob mention Gould and what he used to say and do.  So I asked if he actually knows the man or just putting words in his mouth because what he said was rather ironic and I doubt he even knows the man to be making such a statement.