SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Mixedgrill said:

That’s a load of ? ?⚽⚾️  you need a litter coming through every year...

so what happens if you lose a few dogs real top class dog and bitch say six year old and you’ve nothing off them your yard will not be long taken a serious hit 

You don’t need  to breed every year either mate .Only when needs must and if your stock is getting on a bit then needs must ,if a few decent mates want one then needs must but to breed every year isnt necessary at all IMO

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Apache... said:

What's the difference between a superstar and a good honest genuine worker???

I don't for one second think you don't already know,  the legend is a dog IMO that just wants to graft no matter what. Maybe he (or she) is already sore but needs must and you've got a job to do and this particular animal will go and go regardless.  Perhaps it's the old faithful that puts a dig right time after time when others have failed. Perhaps it's the terrier that finds the game when it's given the other the runaround for a few hours and it's dug itself in tight. 

We've all got our own ideas of what makes the perfect terrier, the best way I could say it is you'll know it when you see it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Mixedgrill said:

That’s a load of ? ?⚽⚾️  you need a litter coming through every year...

so what happens if you lose a few dogs real top class dog and bitch say six year old and you’ve nothing off them your yard will not be long taken a serious hit 

IMO you do not need a litter every year if so then you have too many terriers that you cannot work week in week out and see what you really and truly have unless you get an awfully lot a digging. People who breed so often either sell or have not been so happy with the last litter

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

IMO you do not need a litter every year if so then you have too many terriers that you cannot work week in week out and see what you really and truly have unless you get an awfully lot a digging. People who breed so often either sell or have not been so happy with the last litter

Yeah maybe all true tho I’m not into selling dogs let me clarify that 

I’m thinking ? a lot of lads in today’s terriers let a lot of mistakes slip let’s be real about things lads a litter of pups among 5 or 6 lads who take no shit from dogs won’t last to long even bred down from the very best and fuuk breeding for anyone outside the cycle that doesn’t happen keep it real HD and FD

Edited by Mixedgrill
11 minutes ago, Mixedgrill said:

Yeah maybe all true tho I’m not into selling dogs let me clarify that 

I’m thinking ? a lot of lads in today’s terriers let a lot of mistakes slip let’s be real about things lads a litter of pups among 5 or 6 lads who take no shit from dogs won’t last to long even bred down from the very best and fuuk breeding for anyone outside the cycle that doesn’t happen keep it real HD and FD

It's working for me and others mixg nothing wrong with breeding from the best it's the obvious thing to do but each to their own