SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Dillydog,  as always nice looking dog's! But man you gotta stay away from the donuts??? nice dog's! 

Not me ABC, and as quoted we didn't break through, it was solid rock as you can see by the lump we'd smashed off behind my mate. We'd already bollocked the lurcher for going to ground but never in a million years did we expect him to draw the pair out

8 minutes ago, dillydog said:

Not me ABC, and as quoted we didn't break through, it was solid rock as you can see by the lump we'd smashed off behind my mate. We'd already bollocked the lurcher for going to ground but never in a million years did we expect him to draw the pair out

My mate used to have a bull/whippet that did that exact same thing numerous times, the bloody thing would go to ground like a terrier. Once they get that knack they can be an absolute god send on a dig.

My lurcher is a pain in the f****n arse, if there's room she's gone I had a dig a few weeks back and after backfilling let her off the lead to walk back the jeep she flew to ground 40mins in there ffs, she'll catch bolters but have to tie her up sometimes ?.

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, ROM1 said:

I disagree I think the dog does know how deep it is

I’m not sure if they know the depth, but time to ground IMO is a much better barometer to go off than depth when digging dogs.

A dog goes to ground in a 1 holer and is dug at 6 ft in an hour, a different dog is dropped into a 20 holer, gets the run around for 2 hours and is then dug at 3ft. Which dog has put in the better performance?

• Like 6