SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

1 hour ago, Glyn..... said:

These are my mates terriers Dog and bitch  line bred from our Nuttall stock 

Picture058.jpg

No resemblance to the original stock Glyn, I'm not knocking them at all but they're world's apart stamp wise. It's hard enough keeping the work and drive in them without loosing sleep over the look of them, dambed if you do, dambed if you don't.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tank, 3 years old

Just got him out, just over 8 hours...... home bath, pjs on then bed.....

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, dillydog said:

No resemblance to the original stock Glyn, I'm not knocking them at all but they're world's apart stamp wise. It's hard enough keeping the work and drive in them without loosing sleep over the look of them, dambed if you do, dambed if you don't.

i agree these where a lot bigger  the bronze bitch in the flesh wasn't tall but she weighed a ton 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

i agree these where a lot bigger  the bronze bitch in the flesh wasn't tall but she weighed a ton 

Did Brian deliberately bring down size for hunt service or was it just an accidental product of close breeding 

23 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

No i never saw a dog called Spate , i can't really comment on Brian's terriers , the last time i worked one bred by him was 20 years ago, we had a disagreement over which bitch he wanted to bring to a dog i once owned and we never really got on terms again , that said he is a top man and a expert terrier breeder 

In the last 15 years I've had two bitches off him . First one small smooth coated which he lent me .people laugh bit at size but wasn't long till on morning out we dug to a fox to her handy and dog was great. Later on the day the other terriers with didn't work to ground so this bitch went in , done long enough time about 4 or five hours but dead next to the fox which alive .dog wasn't that bad bit up and enough room .people was in there opinion dog too small.was small but could been heart attack as Brian stated few others at around one time of dogs it happened too. A couple of years later I bought another bitch , ruff coated about 13 inch said to big him. This was different type dog fairly qeuit but started to work , when taking out alone just with lurcher . Sadly that dog was taken in another circumstances 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Did Brian deliberately bring down size for hunt service or was it just an accidental product of close breeding 

I should think it was deliberate, he knew how to breed terriers , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So maybe there isn’t an great deal about of the original stuff Glyn lol . Terriers on the limit for earthwork and solid bodied . The debate will rage on but Nuttals originals are few and far between I’ll wager . Some first class animals in this thread mind .

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

So maybe there isn’t an great deal about of the original stuff Glyn lol . Terriers on the limit for earthwork and solid bodied . The debate will rage on but Nuttals originals are few and far between I’ll wager . Some first class animals in this thread mind .

those photos i posted of nuttalls early stuff where not typical of the type he produced and although of a type he liked he told me they were reckless at work , i think he did try and bred the type,  a lot of the AC stuff i've seen on these threads looks  more like the early stuff i first saw  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

those photos i posted of nuttalls early stuff where not typical of the type he produced and although of a type he liked he told me they were reckless at work , i think he did try and bred the type,  a lot of the AC stuff i've seen on these threads looks  more like the early stuff i first saw  

Those pics are very typical of what I started with Glyn and of the sort I saw in his yard late 70s. Just wish I could get pics off photobucket of the 3 I had . ??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Those pics are very typical of what I started with Glyn and of the sort I saw in his yard late 70s. Just wish I could get pics off photobucket of the 3 I had . ??

I downloaded all pictures from photobucket to my phone in one go. Didn't take long. All in google photo's now.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

The bronze one looks like a bitch my mate had from a lad down Devon way a few years back, she was an 1/8 th bull.

she had no bull in her  that i was aware of other than whats in most of them wayback ,  i bred her sire and her dam had very good blood but not my place to say