longnetting for begginer

lamp+battery

alreet people i have just got my self a 100 yeard longnet, and was woundering what is the best and fastet way to put it out, is there any kind ov special bag or something to put it in to stop it from tangling up ie on the poles. i got in in a pie tray and dont want to walk around with a pie tray every time i want to use it,im new to all this long nettin game i normaly use gate nets when ferretin

any help or tip`s would be gratefully appriated

lamp

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tewkesferreter

get yourself a basket and turn it into a quickset mate. i brought a 50yd net and tryed it the traditional way with disasteres results,kept falling off the pin,bag all uneven and non stop tangling. i dread to think how it would of turned ou if i went for the 100yd one.

Hello mate, what your after is a quickset longnet and basket. There is a pinned topic at the top of this page which tells you how to rig the net and i have just finished building a basket and have taken pics as i went along. i will post a topic later with a full how to guide for making one. im new to the longnetting thing too but have just started to get the hang of it. Good luck!

yes mate it has the fiberglass poles mate it had 2 holes in it the size ov a cd but sorted it.any pic`s ov a basket so i can have a pop at amkein 1

cheers lamp

Have a look at the topic below this one, just finished mine today

Where abouts did you get that long net from???

I started making one out of spun poly, but I feel it may take me till 2012, before I finish it, so need a machine made jobby till then.

Cheers

alreet mate i bought it off a mate, he had 2 i got the best 1 and waitin for him to drop his price on the other as it need`s a little bit work done on it, as hit has a few holes the bit i got untangled but couldent be botherd to un tangle the hole thing, will let you no how bad it is when he brings it over at the weekend for me to have a proper look at it

cheers lamp