male harris hawk oz pic

everiss

new to forum heres some pictures of my male harris hawk oz been hunting for 12 weeks hes had 9 phesants 1 partridge 2 rabbits a little owl whitch i got of him and let go and also great big mouse

last season

post-31005-1234285254.jpg

post-31005-1234285307_thumb.jpg

post-31005-1234285387.jpg

post-31005-1234285472.jpg

post-31005-1234293408.jpg

Edited by everiss

new to forum heres some pictures of my male harris hawk oz been hunting for 12 weeks hes had 9 phesants 1 partridge 2 rabbits a little owl whitch i got of him and let go and also great big mouse

nice one mate keep up the good work i havnt had time to take my 2 out this year

Ive been flying my male hh for a similar time but as yet ive still to catch a pheasant.Weve caught 4 moorhens,1 mallard,1woody,1 squirrel and 2 brown rats.The squirrel was not flown on purpose and luckily the hawk only received a small bite onhis leg above his anklet.The rats were btaken while hunting ducks at a pond.The first one was taken without a problem but the second one was biting the hell out of the hawks feet(and my hand).Its taken about a month of rest and antibiotics to start to clear up the infection in his feet :cry::cry:

I have seen on other threads that squirrels can cause the hawks problebs with biting, I would have thought the hh would have been ok with rats but it sound like they have caused you a lot of problems adeyhawk, hope the hh is ok mate.
He seems to be getting better but ive lost about 3 weeks flying :icon_redface::icon_redface: I will have to make sure the rats are gone before i fly him at ducks next time.Ive heard from a few falconers that feeding rats helps clear up any infections,anyone tried this?

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbs:

Thats a nice looking male everiss. You're having some good sport there mate by the looks of things with him....

Jasper

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbs:

Thats a nice looking male everiss. You're having some good sport there mate by the looks of things with him....

Jasper

thanks jasper yes have had some good sport with oz i was out at the farm the other day with my son and we got the next farm as well to fly the hawk on and to ferret there as well so we now have about 3000 acres to cover we see hares there the other day to

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you are liveing my dream all the best with it and well done :clapper:

• 1 month later...