smithfield lurchers

1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

I don't no why he as to say hundreds of yrs when he can say he's kept this line for at least fifty and I dont no many others who can say they been breeding same line of lurcher for 50 year do you? 

I don't know many but do know a couple ,800 years you would have 2 be a vampire or dykos 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that drovers would have moved around the country all over, especially down to Smithfield in London as it was a bit market. However lots were local folk, who would work particular droves or run

somebody give him Jeff Burrell's number....he breeds smithfields talk to him

I am not keen on Moderation,...I've never done what convention dictated I do,...and that is how I still run, what is left of my life...in short, I am a great believer in letting folk do what they want

Posted Images

11 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

The Legendary Turkey Drover  ? 

OldSmithfielld.jpg

It's got some coat on it ,I think closest types to the old drovers dogs in the UK is  beardy type lurchers like the one Phil Lloyd is with in hancocks book and maybe they still strains of similar hurding types in Europe ,they say the scotch collie x greyhound was what made the Smithfield but who nos 

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

It's got some coat on it ,I think closest types to the old drovers dogs in the UK is  beardy type lurchers like the one Phil Lloyd is with in hancocks book and maybe they still strains of similar hurding types in Europe ,they say the scotch collie x greyhound was what made the Smithfield but who nos 

Smithfield type  ?.... never choose a dog by its cover .

2019-02-15 12.15.43-1.jpg

2019-02-14 12.01.21.jpg

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Scotch collie x grey made smithfield collies ?