• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole point is that this kid hasnt seen the carnage that one fox can make,and maybe needs to see it before he can make up his mind, the problem is foxes can have anything up 7cubs as far as i know so feeding them will take raid after raid on your livestock,but if its yours and your passionate about it your not going to hope that the fox is not going to find a way in but you want to make sure that it gets no where near :yes:

I think the whole point is that this kid hasnt seen the carnage that one fox can make,and maybe needs to see it before he can make up his mind, the problem is foxes can have anything up 7cubs as far as i know so feeding them will take raid after raid on your livestock,but if its yours and your passionate about it your not going to hope that the fox is not going to find a way in but you want to make sure that it gets no where near :yes:

very true except they wont just get into a pen for food. we used to keep chickens years ago and had roughly 30 at any one point. then overnight they were all killed. whether or not it was one fox or more we dont know but it/they had killed every chicken and left them without their heads rather than eating them. if they get into a pen it isnt even hunting for them its massacre. they take one or two and kill the rest.

with regards to your first post, aaronpigeonplucker i would ring around for someone to take care of your fox problem before it takes care of your chickens because eventually it will find a way

at the end of the day their classificartion is Vermin , a PEST , and they need to be controlled , i have shot a fox and im proud of it , if i ever feel remorse thats because i respect it and then i will think about all the chickens and lambs in that area i will have helped save. tbh mate have a think about it and try to image the damage a fox could do to a farmers livelyhood as one fox will soon turn into 5. :yes:

oh btw im only 15 !

Edited by rabbit4tea
Guest Mass_G3nocide
why would foxes just kill somethingfor no rweason? foxes only kill for food

Look mate your gonna end up upsetting a few people on here,Your obviously a f*****g idiot and know nothing about foxes,I had 10 partridge in a pen once a fox got in and killed all but 2 and took only one the thing that wound me up is it wrecked the pen and killed my f*****g birds.I will kill foxes anyway i can to preserve the game on my land if you cant understand that then you are as i previously said a PRICK.

Also i kill foxes so i have more game as i reckon pheasant and partridge taste better than a fox.

Mate, I understand you are young and inexpeienced, so I also understand you have a lot to learn, and coming on THL will help you learn alot about the countryside and country life.

Someone more experienced has explained to you what can happen, and what they do to control it. Foxes do not only kill for food..it is in their instinct..they cant help themselves.

So take that as fact. You do not have the experience to counter argue..If you continue to argue, people will question your motives for being on a hunting oriented site.

So ask questions, ask more questions.. its good to question and learn, there are a lot of experienced people on here...but dont argue, or you wont get you questions answered.

Matty :thumbs:

if thats the case then mate say you have 20 chickens and the fox did get in he would only need to kill one to have a good meal !

but he wouldnt he would kill the lot weather he wanted 1 or 20 he would kill the lot given the chance

thats what they do. as fast as you shoot them one will take there place anyway it would be very hard to wipe them out fully.

fox control works both ways it helps protect your live stock and in a way it helps the foxes. if you have to many then thats when your find they will all suffer with hunger and diesease.

same with deer in a way they control them to help them. if you dont want to shoot them thats up to you. but understand why they need to be controled :thumbs:

why do pepole shoot foxes? my chicken fence is 9ft and i have never had a fox attack for . i know that foxes are around as i see fox tracks ciculing the chicken fence. game birds and poultry can be easily protected by ading a few more feet to your fence. foxes are native to our country unlike rabbits or squirrels witch i hunt reguarly with air rifles. farmers and gamekeppers do not snare or shoot foxes. simply add a few more feet to your fence and an overhang.

pigeon plucker

Have you ever seen what fox can do i one nigth i have seen 17 lambs all bit behind the head all still lying there it kills for fun not just to feed .

I have seen fox climb your 9 feet high fence if a fox wants in it will get in the best thing is to shoot them there is to many.

Sorry but your fence idea does not work all the time.

im afraid everyone here but you is correct mate. what you'll find is that everyone is happy to help and answer your questions until you insult them or their intelligence. like i previously stated with an example they kill because they can, not because they need to. ive seen it happen and its affected me directly yet your reaction clearly implies it didnt. saying they only kill for food is innacurate and is insulting my intelligence. your also calling me a liar which i dont appreciate either. ill be the first to admit im hugely inexperienced on this site which is why you ask the more experienced people if you need some help. ive given you advice based on what happened to me and you throw it back in my face. im happy to help but thats just rude :no: :no:

Edited by arveyboy

Seriously mate trust the people on here or your going to learn the hard way, those chickens you have will be dead and 9/10 charlie will only take what he needs and kill the rest, why ? we do not no, the fox immediately will go into kill mode when hew gets in and thats the end of it !

ok, i admit it would be expenisve for lage farms but for smallholders like that free range chicken farmer it would not be that expensive. and i think 40 pounds is worth the lives of how ever many foxes attxk his runs over time

aaron....

i know your a youngster but 40 quid? you couldnt buy a pet coop for that our chickens only have ten acres or so and ill tell you what mate that is fenced over and under over by 8ft under by 1.5 ft and the work was done by a pro and the foxs still get at em i know of free range farms that is too big to fence to that extent

when i eventually get my shotty cert ill be shooting them until then a friend does it for us and still they get in you are welcome to come and inspect our fencing but i promise you as far as we can see it is as good as it gets

they dont call the fox sly for nothing

all the best

gaz