maybe lambs are hard to protect from foxes but all that famrer had to do on the video was to make his fence taller. the foxe have had five years to "sus out" my fence and they still havent. my 9 ft tall fence has a 1ft overhang and at the bottom has 1 ft of wire going into the ground. this extra effort means that i don't have to shoot foxes.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe lambs are hard to protect from foxes but all that famrer had to do on the video was to make his fence taller. the foxe have had five years to "sus out" my fence and they still havent. my 9 ft tall fence has a 1ft overhang and at the bottom has 1 ft of wire going into the ground. this extra effort means that i don't have to shoot foxes.

How much do you think it would cost a farmer to 9ft ring fence a 500 acre farm? Or in Scotland, many, many thousands of acres?

Hundreds of thousands.

After five years? Be lucky if its the same fox then.

Guest miller1989

So if i accidently let my lurcher chase it and get hold of it does that p155 you off?? I think this should also be an automatic ban,i dont realy harm squirrels but they need to be controlled,so why do you do it?

Guest miller1989
ok, i admit it would be expenisve for lage farms but for smallholders like that free range chicken farmer it would not be that expensive. and i think 40 pounds is worth the lives of how ever many foxes attxk his runs over time

Too be honest mate you havent a fecking clue! :whistling: :whistling:

BORING

you stil havent grasped the idea

they do a whole lot of damage and it can vary a bit

they need controlling as with alot of various species in order to maintain a balance.

im afraid you just arent looking at the bigger picture

and to come onto a forum of this nature and pass comment like you have...(im not being nasty here )

your setting yourself up for aggressive negative comments

sauer

Edited by sauer