why do pepole shoot foxes? my chicken fence is 9ft and i have never had a fox attack for . i know that foxes are around as i see fox tracks ciculing the chicken fence. game birds and poultry can be easily protected by ading a few more feet to your fence. foxes are native to our country unlike rabbits or squirrels witch i hunt reguarly with air rifles. farmers and gamekeppers do not snare or shoot foxes. simply add a few more feet to your fence and an overhang.

pigeon plucker

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate youve obviously never seen a fox kill a lamb and its not the height of the fence its wether they can get under through it or not you should see one get into a poultry run :no: and gamekeepers put electric fencing around there pens but they will catch them when out and about . . . also if thats the case why do you hunt rabbits and squrriels ?

why do pepole shoot foxes? my chicken fence is 9ft and i have never had a fox attack for . i know that foxes are around as i see fox tracks ciculing the chicken fence. game birds and poultry can be easily protected by ading a few more feet to your fence. foxes are native to our country unlike rabbits or squirrels witch i hunt reguarly with air rifles. farmers and gamekeppers do not snare or shoot foxes. simply add a few more feet to your fence and an overhang.

pigeon plucker

My chickens are free range, what safety measures do you think I should install to safe guard them ?.

pigeon plucker

My chickens are free range, what safety measures do you think I should install to safe guard them ?.

a twelve bore . . .

mmmmm

your first statement says summit along the lines of i have fox marks along outside of chicken pen....correct???

ok you have a well built pen but they are there...waiting......sussing it out....

might not get in ...fine

but as stated what bout lambs ?....i was asked along with my brother to sort out foxes taking young pigs from a farm where pigs were in electric fenced off area with small "hanger" type shelter and the foxes were living well from there i tell you.

we watched a vixen at day break trying to draw a sow away..which was standing with a day or 2 old young un intween its front legs....

vixen was trying to "draw sow off" s she could grab little un....

20 minutes before my brother got a clear shot at it!!!!!....

watched whole thing

wouldnt have believed at that point foxes would take pigs..bloody hell they do!!!!!

or anything else given chance

clever creatures and they need "controlled"

the countryside as you know it today is man made...natuire didnt have it like that we did it!!!!

and its our responsiblity to keep a balance!!!!

sauer