first ever fox

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took you a long time to come up with that one, haha

What ever happened the little white dog bud did it keep getting you some tackle?    That pic reminds me of the first fox we ever dug it was to my mates pet bow legged jack, we was proud as punc

Fair play, we all havto start somewhere, and most probably started by doing the very thing you did. Glad to hear you’re still at it, as a lot of young lads fall by the wayside and take up other hobbie

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

I was only having a bit of banter pal, fair play for getting out there 

? I don’t thing I’ll ever stop hunting or fishing sometimes I don’t go as much as I’d like too but I get out regularly, been beating/picking up 4-5 days a week since October so that’s kept me busy,as well as a few morning stalks with the keeper and lamping sessions I been doing more and more of late really got the bug back that’s why I looked back through this, still have a running dog a nice whippet x cracking on the lamp probably will make my best rabbit dog I have had, I’d share some pics on here but look where that gets me ??

• Like 2
On 04/02/2009 at 20:37, deeley24 said:

went out to day with 3 of my hunting pals for a mooch just local to see if we could find a fox or 2 we have been out a few times befor and never had anything. we got to the first wood and found a 3 holer dog never marked so moved on .got to the second and dog marked really well so collor on and nets on the holes there were about 5 good holes and a few rabbit holes in between dog went in and she was in for about 10 mins then out came a nice big vixen, its all of our first fox including the dog so all well buzzin fox was humanly kill :gunsmilie:

reece :victory:

post-29441-1233779944_thumb.jpg

boylett the ugly f****r haha :p

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, downsview said:

Don't give the jealous sour faced messers a second thought, your dog done you proud well done, if people are honestly concerned about foxes being killed don't what ever you do go to the rifle section on this forum that really is slaughter. 

Cheers mate your right rifle lads think nothing of shooting cubs off the earth like you say just messers who sit home and only talk a good hunt 

The law states they all have to die seeing as entering a terrier to ground can only be done in the name of game bird protection and letting them run free ain't in the name of game bird protection,also if you want to rerelease a fox somewhere else then the best of fecking luck to you explaining why you have a live fox in a box and terriers,locators and digging equipment all together in your motor if you get pulled over by old bill.....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wideboy said:

I’m on about going out in spring looking for a dig. Also multiple being shot at night. All this because they are savage animals and they don’t belong in nature 

Unless your a keeper or a paid pest controler all killing of "pests" is done for fun or sport so the morality of killing things is out the window anyway with 99.9% of field sports folk,as for knowing about what they kill well there's plenty of trespassers that come into the countryside in many different guises mate and many wear  tweed..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wideboy said:

Heart break.....you swear they were on the invasive species list and a shock that they are eating peoples birds and livestock. They have to eat too. People exaggerate the damage they do to kill them (especially the rifle lads). I know some foxes cause damage but not them all. There has to be a balance in nature. 

I've seen first hand the damage they do they will all do damage when their hungry and there's nothing about to eat they have no natural predators so humans are the balance in nature with out people they would be well out of control. 

Mums just had a fox got in her pigeon loft and kill all but 4 birds out of 36 , I’ll tell my dad not to kill it as it’s nature and had to be let run for another lad to dig  but I recon it will end up where the rest up rotting in dung heap were they belong 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1