Stock Trained

Guest Catcher

Guest Catcher

I have grew up and been out with some of the best terrier and lurcher men in the game and i think all will agree with me good dog must be well stock trained. What do you think. :hmm:

Cant seem to upload pictures of dogs well trained on stock but can be seen in my page. :victory::victory:

Edited by Catcher

Guest Catcher
its alot less hassle when on farms my terrier will run though hens / sheep ect when ratting and works well with the ferret

the time stock breaking is time well spent in the long run

Your right gone bush I find it,s very hard to get a farmer to allow you to run a lurcher on his land in the first place.Some of them seem to think all lurchers will attack anything that moves.So yes stock breaking is time well spent.ATB :bye:

Guest Catcher
All dogs should be broken to stock if you intend working them around animals........it is surprising how many you see that are not though.

Hi Stallion A lot of people do tend not to bother it,s a shame because we all get tarred with the same brush :angry:

i wouldnt keep a dog that isnt, as proof i had a good dog and bought a gh x staghound that was supposedly stock proof a pup hald chased a cow and the older dog committed naturaly my good stag went in they only stayed with me another 20 minutes afterwards

Guest Catcher
i wouldnt keep a dog that isnt, as proof i had a good dog and bought a gh x staghound that was supposedly stock proof a pup hald chased a cow and the older dog committed naturaly my good stag went in they only stayed with me another 20 minutes afterwards

Hi allgame.Years ago we used to work a realy good pack of lurcher & terriers.All stock broke.IT was one of the first thing we did with our dogs.As i only live about four 400 yard from dairy farm but one day we were working a farm that only grew crops when we heard a bark from one of the terries asper all the dogs moved towards the sound the same as us.When we got to the quarry we where all abit stund for a moment some fool had tied a goat to a tree.luckily we got there in time because the packs instinged was begining to take form and i must admit to our shame a few dogs where taking a nip at it.But we called off all the dogs and the goat was fine.Thankgod.But to this day i cant understand why that goat was tyed up in the tree,s as there was nothing for it to eat.But i learned from that day.Dont take a dog out that is not solid :icon_redface:

Edited by Catcher
Guest Catcher
if my dogs were not stock broken then i would never get any permission around here.they are 100% AND MUST BE>

Most farmers will have a good look at the dogs responce when it see,s his stock before he,ll let you on the groud.AND HE,S RIGHT