Who needs a Bull breed for pigs!

Not trying to start an argument.. But you said you'd need a faster Dog with more Stamina than the EBT to catch the Boar first.

So by that do you think that the Jagd Terriers are faster than a Bully? :blink:

Butch

LOL I rarely argue on here! disussions good though!

Nearly same leg length but anywhere between 20-50lb lighter than an EBT, and purpose breed to hunt, You decide!!!

Still it's nice to see people working them and put one on stilts and you got yourself a Dogo :clapper:

but as Kiwi said, give the halfback any day!

101_0314.jpg

Boar Hunt in Belgium :thumbs:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a little of that clip and I did not like it.Believe it or not that is what the average anti or dogooder thinks hunting people do to foxes and lurcher/terrier men do to badgers.

I strongly believe that this is cruelty to animals and we on THL should not condone it in anyway.

This is not what we do in Britain and I strongly object to it.P1

Watched a little of that clip and I did not like it.Believe it or not that is what the average anti or dogooder thinks hunting people do to foxes and lurcher/terrier men do to badgers.

I strongly believe that this is cruelty to animals and we on THL should not condone it in anyway.

I understand your point, however.......

pig hunting with dogs in that manor is the reality of big game hunting with dogs, its probably one of the oldest forms of hunting and a proper 'back to basics' natural form of hunting. Wild dogs do it the same way only they kill the beast themselves in a very gory manor. the hunter finishes the pig as humanley and fast as possible and a damn site more humanely than the pig would die if beeing hunted by a wild predator.

i dont really know feck all about this form of hunting but i find it fascinating. i cant stand cruelty either pal, but theres cruelty in all forms of hunting its just what you consider acceptable on a moral basis i supose.

just my view...........

• 2 months later...
these are my cup of tea!!!

this is a cracking example of how a sensible experienced dog should go about things!

i rest my case!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV6-IXdtZyk...feature=related

Crikey! It's the first time I've watched any serious dogs and i'm completley gobsmacked.

I want to move to Argentina right now. Is there any dogs that are better than those?

From what i've seen earlier in the thread, all the rest are just messing, wheras these look serious. :notworthy:

agree with you both!did i see them patching ther own dogs up???correct me if im wrong????????

• 2 weeks later...

Comes with practice from owning a Dogo I suppose? would cost a fortune to try and get the dog to the vets everytime it got cut open? and as for the bills once you got there!!!

There completely differant forms of Boar hunting, The Dogo's are used to catch only a few boar (hunter can't carry much more) so has to be big, powerful and fearless (and with it's own medkit!).

Jaqd terriers were bred to either chase to a waiting gun or bail until the Hunter comes to them, so must be quick, agile and very vocal in their hunting. Also very rarely seem to get hurt from what I've hearedof /seen so far, but they maybe chasing boar numbering in their thirties during a hunt day, so can't afford to use all that energy dragging a pig about.

Differant dogs for differant situations.

ATB

Luke.

• 1 month later...

I agree with you on this 100% wrong.

These dogs would be good on badger here but if they were my dogs i would not put them on boar,you just know your dog going to get killed one day plus they aint killing the boar,just holding it,may be better ifthe owner of the dogs cut its throat asap but still the dog can get killed easily and this is cruelty full stop,cruelty in 2 respect,one your dog can get killed and 2 the boar is in no way shape or form humanely killed.

If the dog cant kill it in a minute or so,it shouldnt be doing it.

just my opinion on it.

the sensible dog one was quite good but I wonder if he survived that bout.

I agree with you on this 100% wrong.

These dogs would be good on badger here but if they were my dogs i would not put them on boar,you just know your dog going to get killed one day plus they aint killing the boar,just holding it,may be better ifthe owner of the dogs cut its throat asap but still the dog can get killed easily and this is cruelty full stop,cruelty in 2 respect,one your dog can get killed and 2 the boar is in no way shape or form humanely killed.

If the dog cant kill it in a minute or so,it shouldnt be doing it.

just my opinion on it.

the sensible dog one was quite good but I wonder if he survived that bout.

The dogs arnt meant to kill it, they hold it untill the hunter can despatch the boar. And on the basis that there is a possibility the dogs will die, perhaps then you are also suggesting that terrier and lurcher work are also cruel?

I love the way people are so willing to judge another form of hunting that most people know f**k all about. I dont know a great deal about boar hunting in this manor but i sure as hell arn't going to say outright that its cruel based on a few videos of dogs holding big boar. To me its bloody interesting and something a would love the oportunity to do one day.

I love the way people are so willing to judge another form of hunting that most people know f**k all about. I dont know a great deal about boar hunting in this manor but i sure as hell arn't going to say outright that its cruel based on a few videos of dogs holding big boar. To me its bloody interesting and something a would love the oportunity to do one day.

Agree. :yes: Makes me laugh when people are so quick to condemn others methods of hunting, they forget what happened here because certain sections of society opposed fox hunting because it was cruel. Same with people opposed to rabbiting. Each to their own, who are we to criticise?

• 1 month later...

Hey up Erik, Long time no see! how are you? I'm sorry to hear about your Catcher.

Ugly! I suppose he's not your best looking dog (Trobles is!!!) but I thought he was a little cracker! and he had a hard day!

I really enjoyed that weekend and was great to see you work your dogs :good: Thank you again for the opertunity!

A couple more of the little Warrior

Day two and ready for the off!

101_0308.jpg

End of day two and enjoying the sunshine!

101_0317.jpg

Cheers

Luke.

Edited by bullmastiff
Hey up Erik, Long time no see! how are you? I'm sorry to hear about your Catcher.

Ugly! I suppose he's not your best looking dog (Trobles is!!!) but I thought he was a little cracker! and he had a hard day!

I really enjoyed that weekend and was great to see you work your dogs :good: Thank you again for the opertunity!

hi mate

yes way to long but i never look into this section ;)

i still feel like shit about catch but i can't sit still and there is now way back :(

dapper is not whit us anymore he is now in portugal , his new owner is also on here ((hashishin))

but mate how sounds a day boar hunting and a day digging sounds to you .??

your welkom ha you know that