iam more of a dog lad but as ppl say every one to there own . but if a dog gets a hare its dead but if you shoot in a rong place it will have a slow painful deth so its not more humain if you ask me .ayb stag

i agree but if Hare is shot with a shotgun by an experienced shot and killed humanely then it would be much more humane than if it was run by a dog because it would just be bolted and shot but if it was run by a dog it would go through a huge amount of fear and excaustion

As we are talking about hare SHOOTS whats the difference between a hare being put up three fields away by a beater and chased to a gun or being put up by a dog & handler given 100yrds grace and chased three fields to either its fate or escape. as for fear/humanity have you evr seen the look on a hares face when its ran three fields from the beaters line only to be faced with a line of guns??? It's hardly oh he looks a fair shot I'll go that way and make it quick is it??

Cant we find somthing a bit more productive to talk about :no::doh::no:

ok you win lol, but at the time of writing that i was thinking of just a hare being bolted and shot that second on a walked up shoot, i didnt think about driven shooting.

fair dues fella :thumbs:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a shooter and shoot a few hare a year for the pot but have also been with the lurcher guys but ive seen a few great dogs catching hare only to return them to hand alive so can see a case for both sides but just as an after thought how many lurcher guys actually stick to the 100yd rule?