pups rietriving out of the window ......

hi all can someone help me out my lurcher used to rietrive shot pigeons and reitrived her first rabbit but now its all gone out the window she runs off with rabbits and crunches them up :angry: can someone help please !! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

How old is the lurcher.??

Sounds like to need to go back to basics with her.

Get her retrieving the dummy again, dont bring her out untill she is retieveing to hand in the garden.

it will have to be socks as she doesnt like the dummy :thumbdown:

Dont do any retrieving with her for a while, give her a little break and then just give her one a day till she starts improving, go back to basics!

Aaron

Get her retrieving the dummy again, dont bring her out untill she is retieveing to hand in the garden.

use an old plastic pop bottle and stick some rabbit fur round it.if need be add a bit of sand to give it weight.ive used this method with all my dogs to get them to retreive to hand and its worked every time as they dont see it as a training dummy :thumbs:

Hello mate, teach her to hold the dummy, open her mouth, place the dummy in it and tell her to hold, press her mouth shut gently, do it for a couple of seconds and slowly increase the time, press slightly harder if needs be, always repeat " hold", get her carrying it saying hold. Do your retrieve training in a passage, so she can't run away and mess about, when she picks the dummy up, tell her hold and call her in , reward with praise and titbit.

Good luck

me to mate. brings to me then drops at feet before can take out of mouth, used be good retreiver. she only 5 and half months. obviously only retreiving with dummy & toys but want get sorted, put it on working & training section about trying get pup to hold by putting in mouth & someone had a moan about holding pup mouth with something in it.

Hello mate, teach her to hold the dummy, open her mouth, place the dummy in it and tell her to hold, press her mouth shut gently, do it for a couple of seconds and slowly increase the time, press slightly harder if needs be, always repeat " hold", get her carrying it saying hold. Do your retrieve training in a passage, so she can't run away and mess about, when she picks the dummy up, tell her hold and call her in , reward with praise and titbit.

Good luck

will do mate ill be starting her on the lamp next time it rains if ive got a lamp my other one got stolen :censored:heres a pic of her

post-13637-1233005140_thumb.jpg

Edited by ferret boy charlie

Hi ferret boy charlie nothing like advice from overseas :rolleyes:

Force fetch. At seven months with the adult teeth in. This is a good time to start it. But once you start, you have to go all the way. It sounds like your pup has a good retreiving instinct already. So, your a little ahead of the game. ;)

These links can sort of walk you through it. If they don't work, I can try to send them another way.

http://www.oakhillkennel.com/library/force/force1.html

http://www.oakhillkennel.com/library/force/force2.html

Good Luck!

Hi ferret boy charlie nothing like advice from overseas :rolleyes:

Force fetch. At seven months with the adult teeth in. This is a good time to start it. But once you start, you have to go all the way. It sounds like your pup has a good retreiving instinct already. So, your a little ahead of the game. ;)

These links can sort of walk you through it. If they don't work, I can try to send them another way.

http://www.oakhillkennel.com/library/force/force1.html

http://www.oakhillkennel.com/library/force/force2.html

Good Luck!

cheers mate ill put them into practice tommorrow :clapper:

7m to early to be lamping her leave her be a pup four now plenty of time ahead

im letting her be a pup mate she is going to have one run she has had two rabbits already (both nearly live to hand ) but thanks anyway

she is your bitch u know better if she is ready but if she is missing alot dont keep it up it will only lead to trail barking and pulling up :thumbs: