hancock dogs

Guest night time my time
I'm sorry guys but breading does have a part to play but TRAINING AND ENTERING a dog to its quarry is everything !!!

ATB anythingoes :thumbs::toast:

a second rate pup is is never going to make a 1st class dog no matter how much training and entering, :icon_eek:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hancocks Dogs. More questions if you guys don't mind.

By my reckoning it's about two to one for. The guys opposed make very good points about breeding

good working lurchers to improve your odds of getting good results. Sure, duds can happen in any litter.

Some of you guys prefer Bull dog crosses. Judging by the pictures and stories they make some good hunting dogs. Unfortunately over here pit bulls and pitbull crosses that are running loose get shot.

It seems that Hancock has produced some outstanding dogs. It sounds like undisputed had one that he was proud of and that others remember well.

So, for collie crosses. What is the difference between bearded collies (I've never seen one) and Border collies? I notice from the pictures that the border crosses have a smoother coat and the Bearded crosses have a rougher coat.

But how are their natures different?

Is one better at rabbits?

Which is easier to train?

Thanks again!

Guest night time my time

By my reckoning it's about two to one for. The guys opposed make very good points about breeding

good working lurchers to improve your odds of getting good results. Sure, duds can happen in any litter.

Some of you guys prefer Bull dog crosses. Judging by the pictures and stories they make some good hunting dogs. Unfortunately over here pit bulls and pitbull crosses that are running loose get shot.

It seems that Hancock has produced some outstanding dogs. It sounds like undisputed had one that he was proud of and that others remember well.

So, for collie crosses. What is the difference between bearded collies (I've never seen one) and Border collies? I notice from the pictures that the border crosses have a smoother coat and the Bearded crosses have a rougher coat.

Thanks again!

maybe a question asked on a differnt new topic to avoid all the hancock argueing as meny people keep differnt lines of both,from working lines,imo, start a new topic,leaveing out the hancock puppy farm, :thumbs:
Guest night time my time

Thanks again!

maybe a question asked on a differnt new topic to avoid all the hancock argueing as meny people keep differnt lines of both,from working lines,imo, start a new topic,leaveing out the hancock puppy farm, :thumbs:

Thanks again!

Cant you handle the fact that some of these dogs are good workers? Why not start a thread of your own were your the only one that can comment that way you wont get upset! :icon_eek:

Thanks again!

You hvae hit the

Cant you handle the fact that some of these dogs are good workers? Why not start a thread of your own were your the only one that can comment that way you wont get upset! :icon_eek:

You are excactly right undisputed some of the Hancock dogs are good workers but There will be very few if any that are outstanding dogs I mean dogs that are up there with the best and they type of dogs are only only produced by good breeding

Guest night time my time

if he bred 750 cocker spanials a year he'd be bound to get one or 2 that could catch a few bunnies, and im sure you have had a good one or 2,,id rather breed my own collie line that i know is going to work than take a chance off a dog born in the dark with 750 brothers and sisters out of parants that have never seen more than a plastic bunnie and who mothers will never se daylight agian till the vet comes round pointing out each bitch saying incinarater,insinerater,incinarater :whistling:..ask me another??? ;)

Thanks again!

You hvae hit the

You are excactly right undisputed some of the Hancock dogs are good workers but There will be very few if any that are outstanding dogs I mean dogs that are up there with the best and they type of dogs are only only produced by good breeding

It depends on what these standards are mate it seems the goal posts keep getting moved...lol Anyone who knows me knows what my predominant quarry is and my dogs do pretty damn well on it if I say so myself. I'm not claiming my dogs are any better than anyone elses but they work their arse of despite their dubious ancestory. Maybe someone could enlighten me to what constitutes an outstanding dog and how they judge this. It appears to me like most things connected to lurchers to be based on personal opinion....and we all know what opinions are like.

Guest night time my time

this old bitch has probly had near 80 pups in her time,mostly down holes shes dug or a log heap shes found and never lost a pup,shes 12 here and look what shes still doing,shes had more fox row and rabbits than i care to think about and shes only half x

PB200005.jpg

PB200001.jpg

heres her daughter,garented from a pup as far as i was concerned,

Breeze-1.jpg

as were more of her line,,all workers to workers

DSCF4772.jpg

and some youngsters from them,all have had good working homes and are all still here and working,enjoying life.

pennys.jpg

this old bitch has probly had near 80 pups in her time,mostly down holes shes dug or a log heap shes found and never lost a pup,shes 12 here and look what shes still doing,shes had more fox row and rabbits than i care to think about and shes only half x

PB200005.jpg

PB200001.jpg

Breeze-1.jpg

DSCF4772.jpg

and some youngsters from them,all have had good working homes and are all still here and working,enjoying life.

pennys.jpg

Approx 80 pups in 12 yrs thats some going you must have loads of pals....if we take away the first year to let her grow and develop thats approx 80

pups in 11 yrs...or maybe you waited like all good breeders do for a couple of seasons before breeding from her..so say she's three when you bred from her so thats approx 80 pups in 9yrs...or did you breed every second season she must have thrown big litters....you see where this is heading...now maybe I'm reading this wrong and pups is your code word for summit else if so I apoligise but if not!.....well...people in glass houses mate... :nono: .and you call Hancock a puppy pedlar....I genuinely hope I've read this wrong :icon_redface:

Guest flipflop

PB200005.jpg

PB200001.jpg

Breeze-1.jpg

DSCF4772.jpg

pennys.jpg

Approx 80 pups in 12 yrs thats some going you must have loads of pals....if we take away the first year to let her grow and develop thats approx 80

pups in 11 yrs...or maybe you waited like all good breeders do for a couple of seasons before breeding from her..so say she's three when you bred from her so thats approx 80 pups in 9yrs...or did you breed every second season she must have thrown big litters....you see where this is heading...now maybe I'm reading this wrong and pups is your code word for summit else if so I apoligise but if not!.....well...people in glass houses mate... :nono: .and you call Hancock a puppy pedlar....I genuinely hope I've read this wrong :icon_redface:

i dont think you have read it wrong at all,from what ive read,in the short time hes been on the site hes had at least 5 litters on the go,including one from a 16 month bull cross,a young plummer,two from acd's which hes only had five minutes before mating them,in fact he had one of the acd's advertised for sale,but it must have came into heat,and another litter from his collie line,draw your own conclusions

More fox and roe than you care to remember ,I smell shite the bitch must of been in pup ,wheaning pups or recovering from pups to be worked its f*****g wankers like this that should be banned from THL

Edited by jimb

border lad i read your statement ye you would throw good rabbit hare dogs with tess and mickys dog , shes a good little bitch ,, and maybe the odd roe flusher , ile not be about much me old mates but enjoy ,ive always stated breed of the best you can, get test them and if they catch r r h and the fox there worth keeping , never breed of untried dogs or bitches unless fully tested and doing what a lurcher should do, no matter if there mines yours or any body any man worth his salt knows that ,and never produce more than what you need ie replacmets every three or four years thats how you get a washed with pups and shite ,and lots of puppies doesnt mean lots of good dogs , adios

Guest night time my time

PB200005.jpg

PB200001.jpg

Breeze-1.jpg

DSCF4772.jpg

pennys.jpg

i dont think you have read it wrong at all,from what ive read,in the short time hes been on the site hes had at least 5 litters on the go,including one from a 16 month bull cross,a young plummer,two from acd's which hes only had five minutes before mating them,in fact he had one of the acd's advertised for sale,but it must have came into heat,and another litter from his collie line,draw your own conclusions

must be near!!!?? 2 litters were 14, not a litter till she was 2,an acidental litter later when liveing on the road as she is an escape artest.as for matey,iv never had a bull x bitch so dont know where you dreamed that up. also never had a litter from my plummer till she was three,the acd litters were to change my own lines and one for a mate,also bort from homes at huge expence as they were in very poor condition,,all dogs in good homes now,as for you jimb,, f*****g wanker?,what the f**k would you know?,have you ever spent 20 years liveing in forests and this countrys beautifull countryside in wagons with your horses and dogs off your dogs??f**k off or come out from behind your computer,prick,do you see any of my dogs in poor condition??,my 12 year old would still take deer and draw fox also lamps rabbits regulaly,im out nearly every night or day,not sat on a computer pretending to be,and yes undi i do have a lot of mates into dogs,just been from suffolk to yorkshire today to see a man about one,,micky there is no bull in the dog, he is 100% line bred collie greyhound,