SPLIT PAD

My lurcher has split and ripped her pad , does anyone no of anyway of speeding up the healing process ? Thanks in advance.

Hello.

Have not tried it but read somewhere of using Superglue and a piece of leather.

I suggest avoiding too much glue in the cut itself because it will sting like fook.

Get doggy to vet. He will know how to neutralise sg.

Please be CAUTIOUS.

Please let us know how you get on.

ATB-Bryan.

My lurcher has split and ripped her pad , does anyone no of anyway of speeding up the healing process ? Thanks in advance.

Mate, DONT bother with the glue . If infection gets in chance mutt will lose a paw !! It will take at least 2 weeks before she can run on it, more if you've any sense. Rush it and dog will be forever prone to same cut opening. My spaniel is just recuperating from same thing

stockholme tar used to be good

bloody hell I think you're the only other person apart from me who has heard of this :blink: , I suggested it a while back on another thread and got no response :o , top stuff :yes:

forgot to add, rest is the only sure way of recovery, but this is nigh impossible with any mutt, so some sort of dressing when you walk her and what I used on our Rottie was cling film to hold it in place and then remove after the walk and they're bound to have a go, but the tar mentioned don't taste/smell nice, so she'll hopefully get the message ;)

Edited by mad al

stockholme tar used to be good

bloody hell I think you're the only other person apart from me who has heard of this :blink: , I suggested it a while back on another thread and got no response :o , top stuff :yes:

make sure you wash your hands before you scratch anywhere. you can get it from your farmers co op

mate i use salt water and alum. go to chemist buy a box of alum for a pound. put a spoon of alum and salt in lukewarm water and bathe the cut . when the cut has healed always wash the feet in this mix and it will harden the pads.when it has healed don't be in too much of a rush to run her.