1st Kill, 1st Dinner - Rabbit

Out on my permission yesterday all day proper. Didnt manager to get any ferret finders so the ferts stayed at home.

Shot the rabbit at jst over 30yards - was well chuffed. Nothing the rest of the day, went back at dusk and there was a few around but no luck.

Heres my 1st attempt at gutting, skinning and cooking. I enjoyed doing it and will of course get better as i gain experience.

soaked rabbit pieces in salt-water for few hours.

Parboiled rabbit for 30 mins

dipped rabbit in whipped egg with herbs

dipped in flour

shallow fried till crispy

Served with Southern Fried Chips and Bread with a nice Southern Comfort and Coke.

I enjoyed it. :)

The girlfriend tried the 2 'fillety' bits she dont like meat on bone, and she liked it too, so thats good. ( i was nervous as she used to breed rare rabbits for show )

2.JPG

3.JPG

7.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

Edited by Quasar

Guest ferret feller

i used to use a meat clever for everything head feet stomache and all when i was little overkill too the extreem loved it mind :laugh:

now i have a brilliant knife made by global.... the beboner....... awsome knife gos straight threw tough rabbity flesh like a laser through butter very very sharp..... does the head easy aswell

i skin mine first dunno why just always have