Step by step guide to butchering a deer..........

The deer should of bled out in the field if it has been shot in the heart lung area,but,if it has been headshot then it really needs to be stuck with a knife,and you need to sever the carotid arteries as soon as you can get to the carcase and the blood pressure combined with any heart spasms that are left will help to empty the system of blood.You never get the lot out obviously,but the more you leave in the quicker it will spoil.Hope that has helped but if not PM me your questions.

Martin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Step by step guide to butchering a deer.......   Postby re'M'ington on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:49 pm Right,I have put this together so it might be of help to someone while they are trying to butcher the

well done that will help a lot of members i no it will help me in the future   thanks mate

I am going out to get me a deer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

very good write up,excellent pic's,as a 40 year+ in butchering

very good knife work.One of the best I've seen.

atb thenetter.

I too am a 40+ year knife artist Netter,I did a lot of contract muscle boning back in the 80's and it had to be perfect and lots of it or you didn't get paid,and back then believe it or not I was taking home £700 a week and bought my house on the strength of it,so I do have a fair old grounding in the art.........lol

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed it as that is why I put it up.

Martin

• 1 year later...