9mm Flobert - Shotgun

Wondering if anyone is using one these, I had one back in the 80's. It was a Webley & Scott bolt action, used it on rats and jackdaws in a big barn. I think the shot size was 10.

Apparently it was also called a Bullfinch gun and used a lot in apple orchards in the West country when small birds were eating the scrumpy buds!

I've used one a good few times, Keeper has two which he's acquired from somewhere. Useless for most things, but have their limited uses.

7 1/2 shot size I used.

Was it a Webley & Scott? I know some Belgium guns were the fold up type poachers guns. Rimfire too.. I'm just interested in some of the more obscure bores, do you know if anyone is using 14b or 24b anymore, I still use a 16b for game shooting.

Nope, it was an obscure one, I can't remember the name to be honest. Interesting little cartridge the 9mm. Its use has been unneeded for decades, yet it still survives.

There are a few people shooting 24 and 32 bore guns, Fiocchi make ammunition for both if you can find any. 14 bore, i've not heard of anyone shooting without custom brass cases for a long time. But as with any bore, if you find someone willing to make you brass cases and a safe load, nothing to stop you.

The 16 is still a very common bore and one which seems to be gaining ground, it has never really taken off in the UK, the 12 bore seemed to supersede it here. Always been common and widely used on the continent.

I have a lot of time for the 16, always a pleasure to shoot. I'm waiting on the right English S/S to come along in 16 and I'll be adding it to the collection.

SS :thumbs: