BIG dog fox

Guest ROUGH COATED

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After shooting the fox you should of re loaded and shot the dogs no point in wasting a good hole. :whistling:

You must be hard for making that comment chicken man i better step back before you put me in a hole 8)

Edited by Penda
Hello lads little story about yesterday ,Went out that morning with two friends who had a border terrier and a patterdale both dogs that need bringing on, working well in the rough cover hay bales checking every were ,We had a few places to go so all good news for the dogs, The day was coming two a end when my pal found a earth on a bank that i had ferreted a couple of years ago but i had not checked for some time so we let the patterdale have a mooch first and he was showing that the old CHARLIE BOY was home so in he went the pat going crazy baying for ten mins then coming back, back in again so we left him to have a good mooch we could hear him moving on so we was happy to see he was trying, left him in for about another 20 mins and then i checked the mark on the B@f 1.4 so we was well pleased left it for a bit longer but then he shows up at the entrance again but still fired up wanting to go back in so i thought let the border have ago so collar on in he went a bit quiet,er than the pat at first but we got a reading in the same place again but we just left him to it , he moved on some more then it all went mental ,same depth just a bit more deeper 10 mins later border shows up and showing hes had good contact with old charlie, Back in he went same place so we started to dig ,Dig was ok not to bad ,Border shows up again so we let the pat in again and we carry on diggin we started hearing him baying and the thumping around like mad ,we broke throuugh eventually pulled him out stuck the torch in and this BIG lump is stareing right at me all good news for the both dogs , The fox was shot with a 4.10 shotgun all good news for every one [ SWAG and ATTACK FELL TERRIER ]good day out and hope the terriers work well from now on CHEERS!!

fair play just keep at em mate :thumbs:

fareplay lads a good honest account of what happened, you could of changed the story but you did not. to be honest the first few years when i started digging i had lots of digs just like this. but i kept at it, i gave every terrier plenty of time, thats all you can do. i have seen terriers that started like this, make very good digging terriers as time went on... not a lot...just a few. nice photos lads.

Guest ROUGH COATED
fareplay lads a good honest account of what happened, you could of changed the story but you did not. to be honest the first few years when i started digging i had lots of digs just like this. but i kept at it, i gave every terrier plenty of time, thats all you can do. i have seen terriers that started like this, make very good digging terriers as time went on... not a lot...just a few. nice photos lads.

Good man p***y the fox was a lump, cheers all the best

Time and patience is everything i have a bitch in the kennel that wouldnt even bother until it was over 2 years old,then something clicked in her and ive used her for last 5 years 100 + digs to her credit now ,so give it time boys hope they turn out gooduns ,to many dogs arnt given the chance they deserve

Guest ROUGH COATED

:clapper:

Time and patience is everything i have a bitch in the kennel that wouldnt even bother until it was over 2 years old,then something clicked in her and ive used her for last 5 years 100 + digs to her credit now ,so give it time boys hope they turn out gooduns ,to many dogs arnt given the chance they deserve

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: cheers