3/4 GREY 1/4 IRISH TERRIER

Guest oldskool

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have seen some dogs breed by him and can asure you they where good dogs on hare but a dog is only as good as the handler makes it

robert

he sold alot of dogs around sligo hunted with some fellas who bought them never liked his dogs to hard to catch john

i would nt bleam the breeder that would be the trainer doing a dog is only as good as the trainer makes it

robert

i have seen some dogs breed by him and can asure you they where good dogs on hare but a dog is only as good as the handler makes it

robert

he sold alot of dogs around sligo hunted with some fellas who bought them never liked his dogs to hard to catch john

i would nt bleam the breeder that would be the trainer doing a dog is only as good as the trainer makes it

robert

that wouldnt be the breeders falt be the man that rared them.

philp king never had good dogs only good for killing sheep and his saluki croses no good owen omahney from sligo had 1 its on cd jacking john sweeney sligo ps his alive alright

thats wild coming of with shit like that giving a fella a very bad name when he has bred some of the best stuff that has came out of ireland,irish lady for a start some of the best dogs about are of that bitch and i can name many more ,so before you go dirty mouthing anyone get your facts right.......

good to see you back shot gun willie

with some sence on the matter too.

have been at his yard twice and know a lot

that this like him .he is over seventy i think

and is still hard to win against him in compition.

think he is the best at bringing up pups in

ireland any way that i know of.

and makes sure he has come half way with the dog

when he gets beat in ire and i know of lads that have done this.

they usually have some of irish lady in their make up

even if not all the time you still have to have some respect for the old rogue

macker

philp king never had good dogs only good for killing sheep and his saluki croses no good owen omahney from sligo had 1 its on cd jacking john sweeney sligo ps his alive alright

thats wild coming of with shit like that giving a fella a very bad name when he has bred some of the best stuff that has came out of ireland,irish lady for a start some of the best dogs about are of that bitch and i can name many more ,so before you go dirty mouthing anyone get your facts right.......

i would like for you to name afew . the only pups ever to come off her paddy sweeney bred them he owned her till she died from old age.and i can assure you i know what i am talking about cause im paddys son she was alright . and for the best dogs to come out of ireland my dad bred them. if king or anybody has anything out of kings yard . i would love a match. cheers john

the problem with all you hare coursing lads is that

you all hate each :clapper:

but i do think the man deserves some credit.

in the way he rares his pups

he can rare twenty pups to a standard most young lads

cant even rare one .

have only met the man twice and some of my mates

dont have time for him.

but he can bring on a pup to a high standard

and is hard to beat each year when the lads meet up

every year to see whats best.

if you dont like him fair enough john as there are a few more that dont too.

but to say all his dogs are sheep killers is a bit far from the truth.

macker

the problem with all you hare coursing lads is that

you all hate each :clapper:

but i do think the man deserves some credit.

in the way he rares his pups

he can rare twenty pups to a standard most young lads

cant even rare one .

have only met the man twice and some of my mates

dont have time for him.

but he can bring on a pup to a high standard

and is hard to beat each year when the lads meet up

every year to see whats best.

if you dont like him fair enough john as there are a few more that dont too.

but to say all his dogs are sheep killers is a bit far from the truth.

macker

fair point but all the ones ive seen have killed or injured sheep.... ive being to his place aswell . and he would be telling you this pup is out of that bitch ect.ect and there would be 10 to 15 dogs and bitches in a run how the feck would ya know which 1 was which?????????? cheers john Edited by mucky paws

have been told he likes to use same stud for all bitches

but i am sure mistakes have been made with all

those dogs .has to be said old irish lady was some bitch but

by any standards and i much prefare his old dogs like

her which so many where good alrounders and not just hare dogs.

he is a money man but i seen alot of his old stuff take every thing.

most of the top alrounders i seen or knew of where from his line.

have seen some of his stuff run by well known lads in louth

think you might know the lads.

and have to say their dogs very good too.

thats a few years ago now.

but my mates still do a bit with them and their dogs are still a bit special

just my opinion

macker

Guest oldskool

i had a lad pm me there about a litter of kings pups in ballymoney... when i went to look about phillip king i was hoping to find genuine irish terrier x greyhounds but now it seems to me that its all line bred saluki with a hint of irish terrier somewhere so they're not for me but if anyone is genuinely interested in the litter pm me and i'll pass on the name

fair point but all the ones ive seen have killed or injured sheep.... ive being to his place aswell . and he would be telling you this pup is out of that bitch ect.ect and there would be 10 to 15 dogs and bitches in a run how the feck would ya know which 1 was which?????????? cheers john

I have to agree with macker, to hate attached to the hare game, so to that end you will never has one hare man commend another mans dog, sad but true.

I am sure that every one in Ireland has heard of Mr King, but who is paddy sweeney, not been smart.

fair point but all the ones ive seen have killed or injured sheep.... ive being to his place aswell . and he would be telling you this pup is out of that bitch ect.ect and there would be 10 to 15 dogs and bitches in a run how the feck would ya know which 1 was which?????????? cheers john

I have to agree with macker, to hate attached to the hare game, so to that end you will never has one hare man commend another mans dog, sad but true.

I am sure that every one in Ireland has heard of Mr King, but who is paddy sweeney, not been smart.

paddy sweeney was known by all the top hare men north and south and uk paddy bred apup that was sold for 11000 pounds by willie tough r.i.p. so maybe the 2 or3 hundereth euro men might not have known him not being smart... cheers john.....

paddy sweeney was known by all the top hare men north and south and uk paddy bred apup that was sold for 11000 pounds by willie tough r.i.p. so maybe the 2 or3 hundereth euro men might not have known him not being smart... cheers john.....

by the way king never bred irish lady and only had her a very short time she was the best they ever had....... but we had alot better likes of midnight.hope ink. sunny.sister and brother to captain just to name afew......