Ultimate Fox Killing Lurcher.

Guest bezza

When I first started out out with lurchers a dog was valued for its pot filling abilities. A dog that could take the full spectrum of fur and feather was considered the ultimate working companion.

Nowadays the ultimate lurcher is seen as the most macho looking bullcross that can soak up punishment and slaughter foxes night after night and never get sickened.

The old quotation: "The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable."comes to mind.

We've lost our way a little. Give me a dog that can put meat on the table rather than a fighting dog/ running dog hybrid anytime.

Personally I'm sick to death of 16 year old morons posting sicko photos of their fox catches with dogs that would be better served hunting lions or some other larger game. The bull cross has done nothing for the general lurcher owner other than give us a bad name. Discuss.

PS. Insult me as much as you like but don't call me an anti, that is below the belt.

Cant be arsed to read every post just this one, so someone may have said already. My view is that its not just the bull cross that has given lurcher folk a bad name, there are plenty of other dogs that are capable of doin what a bull cross does and they do! and the pictures are also put up.

No ones lost there way but you mate and the type of people who give dog men a bad name are people exactly like you ,your views are very narrow and dont help anyone. Things change and you have to move with them.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its some of the idiots that own them that give us a bad name, not the dog, and its not just bull crosses. Tarring everyone with the same brush is something that the antis do, because some jumped up yo

Posted Images

Well I think Bezza's got a valid point there but like others have said we must not stereo type all Bull cross owners as being numpties like Lucky for example!

Lucky, you said this picture was taken pre ban...really! A picture paints a thousand words, it was taken on the 1st January 2007 at 12.01. I'm guessing the 12.01 was night time as it looks like a night time shot. My apologies if I have made a mistake! If you're going to put this kind of picture on the net then set your camera date correct be for you get a knock on the door. :wallbash:

mike maybe you want to brush up on your detective skills instead of typing shit you "PRICK", that pic was not taken on that date as i was sat in the pub like so many others on that paticular night 2 years ago, but for future referance if you do find yourself needing to state the obviously un-obvious then try pressing the report button or maybe you could go all the way and phone the police even, just dont ask for a job as your clearly not up to it, maybe you would be better suited with a position with the RSPCA as they are always getting there facts wrong aswell,i have no date set on my cameras.... :yes:

happy hunting, your good friend Lucky.... ;)

Guest Countryboyo
Well I think Bezza's got a valid point there but like others have said we must not stereo type all Bull cross owners as being numpties like Lucky for example!

Lucky, you said this picture was taken pre ban...really! A picture paints a thousand words, it was taken on the 1st January 2007 at 12.01. I'm guessing the 12.01 was night time as it looks like a night time shot. My apologies if I have made a mistake! If you're going to put this kind of picture on the net then set your camera date correct be for you get a knock on the door. :wallbash:

mike maybe you want to brush up on your detective skills instead of typing shit you "PRICK", that pic was not taken on that date as i was sat in the pub like so many others on that paticular night 2 years ago, but for future referance if you do find yourself needing to state the obviously un-obvious then try pressing the report button or maybe you could go all the way and phone the police even, just dont ask for a job as your clearly not up to it, maybe you would be better suited with a position with the RSPCA as they are always getting there facts wrong aswell,i have no date set on my cameras.... :yes:

I always thought mikethedog was a nice guy, a normal type guy, some would even go as far as to say he knows what hes talking about.

that many people have these dogs that its now gone past looking hard with one as lots of people have them. i cant comment on them as i havnt had and worked one but, each to there own. until youve worked a lurcher of every cross numerous times i dont think anyone you can comment on which cross is better

I always thought mikethedog was a nice guy, a normal type guy, some would even go as far as to say he knows what hes talking about.

as they say opinions are like arse holes, everbodys got one....

some would even get there facts right before trying to call others... ;)

i believe all dogs have to have good prey drive for hunting butt hey have to have brains to , i believe to much prey drive and vets go hand in hand unless good ground sometimes ,to me and i no my dogs a dog nowadays has to switch of and be able to turn of at times for nite time jaunts , ive had dogs with to much prey drive and had saliuk stamina to go with it which is good when channeled in , i beleive the best lurchers now adays are ones you can switch of and when its time to do the biz welllets go , been nabbed with dogs who had to much prey drive at times ,u realy have to train them tite and show them whose boss and i dont think many have that skll, saw afew bulls now and one stuck out the rest a liability for a poaching hunting cur pulling on leash getting to wound up like aterreir ,nae good a dog should be able to be heeled up quick then onleash not actting mental , maybe the good one i saw was not a one off dont no

hi brock 1 im sticking up for the bull x mate i have just brought one as the lads here have them and i think they are the all round lurcher hunting nose and determination and i have always stuck up for this cross i just hope mine turns out like his sire and dam

i hope your pup dose you proud mate. i have ran them for the last ten year. even though in them ten year i have only had 4 bullxs 3 of them have been good all rounders. the otherone is still young & only had 1 rabbit but that is all it has seen so far & whont see any more till next season. i have seen people that think there all rounders from the first time out becouse they can catch well early & done to much with them to early & then after a few week say there bullx is no good becouse when it sees somthing it runs after it then finds something else to run after leaving the owner to catch the dog miles away even though its recall has been perfect untill it hunts. but that is the only problem i have heard anyone have bringing a bullx pup on. for my experiance if you dont rush them they bring there self on to a good standard becouse they love to please. that is the only down fall i have found with bullxs if you prase them to much for catching while there still young they whont stop trying to catch & everything you learnt it gose out of the dogs mind untill it gets a catch. but i can live with bringing a dog on slow even if my mate colliexs are catching more earlyer than mine. becouse bullx dont back down & i have seen them just as clever as any lurcherx so anyone that says there just big determan bruts with no brain cant bring a dog on right or has never had one. ps i am sure that your dog will turn out as good as it parents there not hard to bring on just take it slow & watch it turn into a good allrounder. happy hunting with it mate all the best. :thumbs: ps whin i had one if it was running at farm mashionary in fields & you turned the lamp of it would come strait back & take no notice of what it was chaseing so the one you seen cant of been a one off.

Edited by brock1
i believe all dogs have to have good prey drive for hunting butt hey have to have brains to , i believe to much prey drive and vets go hand in hand unless good ground sometimes ,to me and i no my dogs a dog nowadays has to switch of and be able to turn of at times for nite time jaunts , ive had dogs with to much prey drive and had saliuk stamina to go with it which is good when channeled in , i beleive the best lurchers now adays are ones you can switch of and when its time to do the biz welllets go , been nabbed with dogs who had to much prey drive at times ,u realy have to train them tite and show them whose boss and i dont think many have that skll, saw afew bulls now and one stuck out the rest a liability for a poaching hunting cur pulling on leash getting to wound up like aterreir ,nae good a dog should be able to be heeled up quick then onleash not actting mental , maybe the good one i saw was not a one off dont no

wont happen if the dogs trained properly. my old bull x (r.i.p.) was fine, i worked it but the missus loves taking it to do agility and all that fancy heel work stuff. he was an angel on the lead. im going through the same process of training my new one as i did the old and he will turn out the same. at training the misses says he out preformes the german shepard and the collie which are both his age and both arent very good with other dogs, which contradicts the aggresive, stupid bull breed which most people like to assume they are. hes got a good nose , as did the old dog and they both have been very good with horses, the old one used to go out with the missus on hacks with the horse with out any trouble or fear of it running off.

I'm 17 and i love going out with our bull crosses for a night after old charlie however, i love going out with my nearly pure greyhound bitch and a ferret for a few rabbits just as much. Everything edible that is caught gets taken home for the pot or for ferret meat and any fox that i get is hidden away in some bushes out of the way of any anti or anyone else to see. I have a respect for the quarry and for the land as this is how my dad has brought me up and i'm glad he has. As for them my age that strut around the place like they own it, half of them havn't even been out with the lamp and if they have there would of been a gang of them talking loudly where ever they go scaring most of the quarry away.

ye there ll be a few good ones but allin all some are not easy work for some, alot of bad breeding and not thought out and alot of people canrt train a dog two , i mind a famous dog trainer book write went on about saluks being stupid years ago ive got one cleverest hunting dog out the kennels at times one off tho, at times a lot well leashed up and slipped to much prey drive when there beasties about, they have been over bred saturated like hanckockers etc thts maybe were the prob lies

we all love a pot filler, this bit of meat was taken single handed (well before the ban) with one of those dogs that has added nothing to lurchers, a bull cross.... ;)

downsouth030.jpg

crank :feck:

Blimey Lucky, my good friend!.. :o .I called you a numptie and you verbally attack me with derogatory comments and accusations!...I didn’t think numptie was such an offencive word…. :11:

Well, like I said, my apologies if I’ve made a mistake!.....Referring to the date on your camera that is. I was quick to say that we should not stereo type all bull cross owners as it’s just the minority imo that feck it up for the good bull cross’s and their owners. You I’m afraid come across as one of the …. Minority as I believe you are just a lout that gives the good guys a bad name….so be it!

As for the details regarding the picture, maybe you have never set the date or maybe you are just one of those stereo typical bull cross owners that is too thick to realise they are giving the anti’s and authorities the information they want!...Why should I press the report button, it’s your problem not mine.

So my good friend lucky a wee tip that might save you a spot of trouble. Sort your camera date!

Below is the information I got from your crappy photograph, maybe it is incorrect but that is what is in front of the WWW.....Notice the time and date!

File Name downsouth030.jpg

Camera Model Name KODAK V1233 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA

Shooting Date/Time 01/01/2007 12:01:04

Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/30

Av (Aperture Value) 3.4

Exposure Compensation 0

ISO Speed 200

Image Size 800x600

Flash On

Color Space sRGB

File Size 155 KB

And for your information I do not have any superdooper programme on my PC, this info’ is available to anyone with a little more brains than the stereotypical bull owner…

It's been said many times on this site, "be carefull what pictures you put up". It was careless posting that probably got Mark B into trouble!

Countryboyo, thank you for those kind words.. ;)

To all genuine bull cross owners, I don't regard all bull owners the same way as I no regard my good friend Lucky so I hope you don't take offence....Just be carefull what pictures you post when you say "Pre-Ban". :whistling: ..Good hunting all. :cheers: