problems with the lamp my mate got for christmas

well the lad i go lamping with (hes got the lamp and no dogs, ive got the dogs and no lamp and we live a mile away from one anouther so it works rather well) he got a new lamp for chritmas, good quality, so he let it run down (as he was advised)and then charged it up for about 24 hours then the blooming thing only lasted two hours last night :angry: ....my question is that is it faulty and should we take it back or does it just take a while for it work properly? we used to use a quad battery and a lamp off the top of a car which he then put a button on with a hole load of masking tape, now that thing weighed a ton but it lasted most of the night

this may sound like a silly question to some but we have never owned a new lamp :icon_redface: the hillbillys that we are

andy advise would be lovley

well the lad i go lamping with (hes got the lamp and no dogs, ive got the dogs and no lamp and we live a mile away from one anouther so it works rather well) he got a new lamp for chritmas, good quality, so he let it run down (as he was advised)and then charged it up for about 24 hours then the blooming thing only lasted two hours last night :angry: ....my question is that is it faulty and should we take it back or does it just take a while for it work properly? we used to use a quad battery and a lamp off the top of a car which he then put a button on with a hole load of masking tape, now that thing weighed a ton but it lasted most of the night

this may sound like a silly question to some but we have never owned a new lamp :icon_redface: the hillbillys that we are

Hi mate

what voltage and amp-age is your battery ?

regards stoney

Hi mate

what voltage and amp-age is your battery ?

regards stoney

oh god i dont know, its not myne you see electrical things are all past me unless its anything to do with fish tanks, but it was like sold as like one so i would presume it was the right battery for the lamp

robbing buggers, if they have it will be going straight back to the shop

i mean it starts fading after about an hour and a half and its a good lamp.............the old lamp and quad battery lasted weigh longer it just wieghed a small ton, i didnt have to carry it though :D

robbing buggers, if they have it will be going straight back to the shop

i mean it starts fading after about an hour and a half and its a good lamp.............the old lamp and quad battery lasted weigh longer it just wieghed a small ton, i didnt have to carry it though :D

take it back,buy a lightforce striker and 17amp 12volt dry cell battery ,you would probs get the lot for less than £100 ;)
i shal ring him later and see what lamp it is but i would expect better quality for £150 :S
is it a separate lamp and battery or is it one of them poxy rechargable built in battery lamps? my oppinion LIGHTFORCE all the way :good:
i shal ring him later and see what lamp it is but i would expect better quality for £150 :S
is it a separate lamp and battery or is it one of them poxy rechargable built in battery lamps? my oppinion LIGHTFORCE all the way :good:

no no its like a lamp and then the battery is in like a pack on his hip which also has a strap that goes over his shoulder

no no its like a lamp and then the battery is in like a pack on his hip which also has a strap that goes over his shoulder

Sounds like either the battery isnt charged enough or its not sufficient to supply your lamp,or its fxxxked

Sounds like either the battery isnt charged enough or its not sufficient to supply your lamp,or its fxxxked

hmm well it was on charge all day.....so i think a trip back to the shop is in order

unless your using the light all the time a 100 watt bulb in a light force striker or blitz will quickly drain a battery of 7ah its unlikely a fault in the battery. it sounds as if you have been used to the big heavy battery you were using before this would allow you to keep the light on that bit extra ,smaller more compact batterys will not