Some of my hobs are in now, just the ones in the shed which I would have said was darker than outside so they should come in later but had the same last year. Going of the noises at night time I think they could do with some lube :o

well we have had the shortest day now so its getting lighter an hour per month for now, but that dont explain why there coming in so early

It's strange that ferrets are in season early at the same time rabbits are, mate netted a rabbit last week that was producing milk, Its fare to assume that the predetors are not that far behind.

I think with ferrets its supposed to be down to the photoperiod but with rabbits its just every time they think its warm enough to knock some young out. Artificial lighting is supposed to be able to bring ferrets in season but I only switch the light on in my open doored brick shed to get some dog food out. The ferrets outside aren't in season yet and they get more daylight?

my old hob is showing signs of coming in already.luckily its the only one that is.speaking of early pregnancies.i was ferreting in early january last year.the ferret was a way for a good while.any way to cut a long story short,my lurcher retreived two baby rabbits live to hand that had bolted from the sett i was working.they were that small they got through the meshes of the nets.i was in total shock on seeing this and put the ferrets away for the season.the winters we are having are too mild and have got nature all to pot.even the blackbirds are starting their annual sing along now :icon_eek: its not good

I get all the natural light on the front this time of year , only get a little sun on the back about 2pm if its sunny so i would be supprised if mine came in this early , have never had any come in before end of feb roughly here