JSR SCOPES

sean

GUYS

WAS GOING TO BUY A JSR SCOPE FROM J RAMSBOTTOM (HOPE NAME IS CORRECT) FOR MY GAMO HUNTER440 .22 (.177 GAS RAM FITTED). THE GENTLEMAN AT ABOVE COMPANY DID NOT RECOMMEND THEIR SCOPES FOR ANYTHING OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT AND DEFINITELY NOT FOR GAS RAMS?????.

I AM NOW WONDERING WHAT SCOPES ARE USEABLE FOR FAC AIR RIFLES CONSIDERING MOST AIR RIFLE SCOPES SEEM TO COME FROM THE SAME FACTORY.

I KNOW MY RIFLE IS RUNNING A FEW POUNDS OVER THE LIMIT( ACCORDING TO GAS RAM MAKER SHOULD BE IN AND AROUND 14 WITH .177 FITTED) BUT WOULD NOT HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE.

ANY ADVICE OR COMMENTS (NOT RUDE) WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

SEAN

Majority of today's Scopes are made for Fire Arms

Main issue is to Use a Good set of Mounts with arrester Pin or a One Piece Mount

Taking into Account that the average Scope Cost around a Quarter of UK Sales Price

What can you expect for a Tenner when being Made............... Even in China

I am sure that fellow board users can advise you of the ones they are using on

Break Action Gun's ;)

BOB/R

Ive got a hawke map 3-9 *40 and a two mounts with the rear having a pin in the bottom to hold it all in place and its all worked fine on my gun (HW80K) since the end of september and I only zeroed it the once when i got it, never had to change it since.

GUYS

WAS GOING TO BUY A JSR SCOPE FROM J RAMSBOTTOM (HOPE NAME IS CORRECT) FOR MY GAMO HUNTER440 .22 (.177 GAS RAM FITTED). THE GENTLEMAN AT ABOVE COMPANY DID NOT RECOMMEND THEIR SCOPES FOR ANYTHING OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT AND DEFINITELY NOT FOR GAS RAMS?????.

I AM NOW WONDERING WHAT SCOPES ARE USEABLE FOR FAC AIR RIFLES CONSIDERING MOST AIR RIFLE SCOPES SEEM TO COME FROM THE SAME FACTORY.

I KNOW MY RIFLE IS RUNNING A FEW POUNDS OVER THE LIMIT( ACCORDING TO GAS RAM MAKER SHOULD BE IN AND AROUND 14 WITH .177 FITTED) BUT WOULD NOT HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE.

ANY ADVICE OR COMMENTS (NOT RUDE) WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

SEAN

Sean Hi

i would agree with the view that you need a one piece mount for a scope fitted to a Gas Ram or Spring Piston rifle, when i first bought my Wheirauch HW97K it was fitted up with a nice Hawke scope and BSA 2 piece mounts, it didn't take long for scope creep to set in and i seemed to be remounting the scope and resetting the zero every week before buying a Sportsmatch one piece damped mount which has been on the rifle for 3 months now with no scope movement whatsoever, Sportsmatch mount is coded DM60 for 25mm scope tubes and DM70 if your scope has a 30mm tube