land rover 90

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landrover - expensive unreliable piece of shit, give me a Landcruiser anyday - I've done thousands of miles across Africa and years of off-roading in Toyota's without missing a beat whereas the Solihul crap breaks down all the time and needs thousand spent on difflocks etc to bring it up to anywhere near even a basic Landcruiser spec

Edited by Lost Generation
this topic is getting boring. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick

Sounds like the thread hasn't gone the way you hoped it would. Enthusiasm is a great thing but don't let it blind you to the real faults and limitations of the things you are enthusiastic about. Landies are way too expensive, unreliable and lacking in kit compared to the opposition. But hey, every cloud has a silver lining their unreliability gives mechanics a lot of work and their poor spec keeps the aftermarket industry in business.

this topic is getting boring. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick

Sounds like the thread hasn't gone the way you hoped it would. Enthusiasm is a great thing but don't let it blind you to the real faults and limitations of the things you are enthusiastic about. Landies are way too expensive, unreliable and lacking in kit compared to the opposition. But hey, every cloud has a silver lining their unreliability gives mechanics a lot of work and their poor spec keeps the aftermarket industry in business.

go and do some hunting instead of drooling on about a topic from last month, catch up!

after all thats what this site is about hunting, do you actually go hunting, or are you just lonely! :tongue2::tongue2:

landrovers are definately overated piles of shite they have a record of being the highest cost motor to keep running, as they break something everytime they look at a puddle, i get loads of call outs every season to tow out lads that have got stuck lamping, and nearly everytime its a landrover, gutless, uncomfy, cold heaps of junk they are, and there so good off road that you have to spend £5k on one to try and stop it from getting stuck jap moters will piss on them everytime..... ;)
i pull alot of lads out lamping and all in japp shit and yes iv got a landy

I have had four landrovers,i liked them at the time ,but after driving jap motors i see how bad they were,landrover had it all there own way till the 70s,then the japs come in and showed us how to make good motors at the right price,the best 4x4 for me was the old fourtrack [the fowl pen on wheels],other than there rot problems,they were a very good tool.They say lannys last four ever ,true ,but your forever spending,any car dealer will tell you ,you pay a lot of money for the badge on the front of a land rover.

landrovers are definately overated piles of shite they have a record of being the highest cost motor to keep running, as they break something everytime they look at a puddle, i get loads of call outs every season to tow out lads that have got stuck lamping, and nearly everytime its a landrover, gutless, uncomfy, cold heaps of junk they are, and there so good off road that you have to spend £5k on one to try and stop it from getting stuck jap moters will piss on them everytime..... ;)
i pull alot of lads out lamping and all in japp shit and yes iv got a landy

I have had four landrovers,i liked them at the time ,but after driving jap motors i see how bad they were,landrover had it all there own way till the 70s,then the japs come in and showed us how to make good motors at the right price,the best 4x4 for me was the old fourtrack [the fowl pen on wheels],other than there rot problems,they were a very good tool.They say lannys last four ever ,true ,but your forever spending,any car dealer will tell you ,you pay a lot of money for the badge on the front of a land rover.

Now that picyure shows a disco III probably grounded out by someone that doesnt really know what they are doing, Not sure what that shows apart from bad driving. Put the shogun astern of it in the same position and I am sure you will have the same result. Not really a very accurate portrail of capability.

I have had a 90, 110 crew cab two disco's a Ford ranger and a SWB shogun, how do they rate.

On Comfort I will take my Disco II, the shogun was horrendous for an expensive motor, and for servicing or parts lets not even go there.

The ranger was grand for throwing stuff in, but got stuck fairly quick, although that was probably teh road type tyres the dealers insist in fitting. The 90 was great for running around and tight spaces. It let me down a few times, but had done 150K miles and was nearly 20 years old, so I would say it was fair enough. the 110 crew cab was great and gave me know hassle, My current disco II has never let me down yet in two years.

I will stick to the green oval as all of mine have never let me down and are more than adequate for the trailer towing/shooting/travelling that I do.

I am debating a new defender crew cab or a disco III when I have saved up some pennies.

For all those that are hammering teh Landies, look out the box at your own motors and teh problems that are rife amongst the navaras and L200's are they not japanese, and proving to be anything but relaible or cheap to repair.

land rovers 90 best 4x4xfar this is true all jap 4x4 are shit!

have you had a bad experiance with the jap

sorry just felt like making this statement.

yeh mate the japs get stuck where as the landys just keep going.

LANDYS KEEP GOING!! TOP MOTOR!!!

piss poor driving,

i like landrovers i made a mint out of them when i had the garage there was always one in there being fixed and we mainly done commerial truck repairs , a mate of mine says if you own a landy you never have a weekend free youll always be fixin the junk

toyota landcruisers everytime they just keep going on and on and on