lowest price fo a harris hawk

scrutchy

How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on how desperate the seller is to get rid.

But remember cheapest is not always the best. A hawk is a long term investment, they can live for 20 plus years so you would be better getting a well bred and well reared hawk, which are generally not much dearer.

Average price - male 250, female 350 pounds

hi just wanted to ask what the lowest price you can buy a harris hawk for.

Mark

I'll tell you what mark, your after buying a lot of stuff, lol. You wanted a mk3 locator, then you wanted nets, then a ferret box, now a harris hawk, slow do, take a step back and decide what you really need, dont rush into anything. Especially a bird, they are very needy, and not just a toy...

I cant understand why your uncle cant help you on your way? :)

Having said that I know of a guy selling suposeingly Superior Harris's wanting for £550 and they make no bigger weights than my birds or most others :no:.

Sold all mine for 3's and 2's last year over the water depending on sex unless a mate wants one and they go alot less :yes:.........

Jasper

same thing with dogs, people want everything for nothing.What they dont realise is the time and effort it takes to keep birds of prey.Its these types that end up shoving a harris in something i wouldnt stick a budgie in,then flogging it to a mate three weeks down the line all to go out on the piss!

It all depend's on what you want imo 9 times out of 10.. buy cheap and get shite..i paid £100 for a female a few year's back which turned out to be full of worm's and fret mark's.. and i was later told the previous owner thought it was a male.. :blink: .. and it was screwed down to a stupid weight..and in doing so the bird was well fecked up and turned out to be a constant screamer even at fat weight in the moult..and was terrible for footing me and mantling over food..

Millet

Spot on millet :notworthy::notworthy:

This is a problem with so many 2008 hh's still for sale. Ive M & F sibling CR hh's left and im loathed to let them go cheaply for fear of attracting the wrong buyer but I need to sell them. They are quiet and perfectly well balanced and as with most CR you can do anything with them. Their sadly not in as good a feather as I would have liked but the move didnt suit but im perfectly honest about them.. they're not rough by any stretch just a little less that perfect.. Sooo do I alter my price to reflect this and again attract a bargin hunter or do I hang on to them and continue the good diet and care and have to ask a good price and compete with the 2009 birds next year?? Its not easy! I do care where they go so I cant just sell them to anyone and I do have a concience!

Difficult isnt it :yes:

hi just wanted to ask what the lowest price you can buy a harris hawk for.

Mark

I'll tell you what mark, your after buying a lot of stuff, lol. You wanted a mk3 locator, then you wanted nets, then a ferret box, now a harris hawk, slow do, take a step back and decide what you really need, dont rush into anything. Especially a bird, they are very needy, and not just a toy...

I cant understand why your uncle cant help you on your way? :)

you must have the wrong mark mate i dont have an uncle that likes hunting i am just asking as i just wanted to know as i dont know any thing about them and its just good to know something about them.

at this time of the year the season for most is half way through, unless you use the birds for business purposes. not best time for starting young hawks so birds are going cheap :whistling: pardon the pun. i only take hawks around august if young to get the best start for them.. and by the time a newbie has bought all the gear he or she needs to care for and fly a hawk why look for the lowest priced bird??