p/x on a scope

sean

i know this has been done before , but from everyones experience is it worth having p/x adjustment on a scope that is only going to be used for air rfle ranges out to say 35 yrds.

loads of scopes are for sale without it so was just wondering the real benefits in the field when out after pests.

sean

I only ever occasionaly play around with the p/x & magnification on my Nikon Monarch when i'm sniping but my main sniping spots i know well so i can guesstimate......sometimes :icon_redface: When stalking i will wind it down to 15yds with the lowest mag setting(6.5) for those snap shot opportunities,lamping set at 30yds normally x8 mag.I don't think it's a MUST have but it's handy to have & the majority of scopes give it to you at a reasonable price anyway these days :gunsmilie:

i know this has been done before , but from everyones experience is it worth having p/x adjustment on a scope that is only going to be used for air rfle ranges out to say 35 yrds.

loads of scopes are for sale without it so was just wondering the real benefits in the field when out after pests.

sean

Many fixed scopes are parallax set at 100 yards, some specific air rifle scopes parallaxed for 35 yards. In principle, as long as you get the right scope and your eyes are still good, then for air rifle ranges out to 35 yards I would suggest variable parallax is not generally required!

Its not a neccesity i used a 3-9x50 ags scope for 8 years no p/x on it and i shot as many rabbits with that scope as i have with the falcon merlin with p/x. The only reason i use the falcon now is because i use a n/v monocular on it and its needed for the focus. Im keeping the ags ready to put on a new gun that ive got my eye on lol! If you need anymore help pm me and ill help where i can.

cheers

post-22007-1229810147_thumb.jpg

thanks for that guys.

Its like boys with new toys, if i bought a scope with adjustable p/x I would sit and play with it and then blame it for making me a bad shot.

Without adjustable p/x I will just have to get on with the shooting. Will look at scopes set at 35yrds and it will mean one less knob to fiddle with :whistling:

Once again thanks

sean