"photoshopping" pictures?

I have now seen several pictures where the main picture is in black and white but one part of the picture,say a hound,is in full colour.I think they look great.I have photoshop CS2? so can i do it with this program?.If i can can anyone talk me through the process?.Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have now seen several pictures where the main picture is in black and white but one part of the picture,say a hound,is in full colour.I think they look great.I have photoshop CS2? so can i do it with this program?.If i can can anyone talk me through the process?.Thanks

create an adjustment layer (new layer-adjustment) then de saturate the new layer. Then use "eraser" tool to erase the B&W area over the part you want coloured (eg erase over a huntsmans coat etc) thus revealing the colour layer underneath. Simple :clapper: heres a quick one!

post-13907-1229615052.jpg

create an adjustment layer (new layer-adjustment) then de saturate the new layer. Then use "eraser" tool to erase the B&W area over the part you want coloured (eg erase over a huntsmans coat etc) thus revealing the colour layer underneath. Simple :clapper: heres a quick one!

post-13907-1229615052.jpg

Thanks for that :D ,but how do you you the "eraser" tool on such fine objects as the terriers rough coat?,ie the bits that give the coat its "shaggy" outline?.Thanks once again

make the eraser smaller and zoom into the picture to find the small bits you have left out ;)

blow pic up to about 200% or 300% and work with small brush (right click when using eraser will give you different brush sizes)

i can get it all black and wahite but i cant figure out how to de saturate the layer! driving me mad this is haha

the simplest way when you are learning is:

adjustments

desaturate

you can learn the proper way once you have more experience at using the software.

histry brush after desaturateing or duplicate layer, lassoo tool/masc tool..invert and cut the cackround out.. dont forget to feather the cut out though..(and flatten the image layers when your done.)

Edited by ghillies

what do use think of adobe photo shop 7.0 if any of use have used it i downloaded it yeasturday just trying to get ust to all the tools on it .....iv work out how to do them black and white pictures with on of the things in colour but thay dont seem to come out as good as yours on here