Red tail

NIGHTSHADOW

Does any one fly a Female red tale hawk ,Q, why ,on what ,just thinking about this being my next bird, :victory:

flew one about 7 years ago she was a very nice bird. she flew just under 3lb and was very powerful, when hunting rabbits she would of killed them by the time i got there...... shame i had to give her back as i had her on loan. i will get one when i have land that has a fair amount of hares as they can handle them well.

Flew a small female red for a few years. A very well mannered bird. Main quarry was squirrell and rabbit, but she occasionally had duck, pheasant and moorhen.

She would wait on in the right conditions.

They are good birds if handled right and they take a bit to get them fit.

Dave

i have a fem red at the moment. shes a pleasure to fly.. will take most quarry. suits the hilly land i hunt on. well worth getting one

Thanks for your replys ref your fem red,are they slow if you dont mind me saying, is it better to have one for hares,or as you say any quarry,do you have a picture many thanks N/S

i have a fem red at the moment. shes a pleasure to fly.. will take most quarry. suits the hilly land i hunt on. well worth getting one

Thanks for your replys ref your fem red,are they slow if you dont mind me saying, is it better to have one for hares,or as you say any quarry,do you have a picture many thanks N/S

couple of pics of her back on a thread i did. out flying on 3/9/08 have a look there. fem reds will have a go at whatever you put out for them :blink: