any one into the plummer books trin to collect all his books nearly there now,makes me laugh brilliant reading the guy was mad any oneone out there got any plummer lurchers hear a lot about his terriers but nothing about his strian of lurches there s a man who knew his dogs

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any one into the plummer books trin to collect all his books nearly there now,makes me laugh brilliant reading the guy was mad any oneone out there got any plummer lurchers hear a lot about his terriers but nothing about his strian of lurches there s a man who knew his dogs

if you join this site there's lot's of info and members who have his Lurchers/terrier on there, it's invite only, so you need to apply- good luck and all the best. info on Brian Plummer

http://www.plummerterrier.com/

Graham

Edited by Graham Nicholson

if you join this site there's lot's of info and members who have his Lurchers/terrier on there, it's invite only, so you need to apply- good luck and all the best. info on Brian Plummer

http://www.plummerterrier.com/

Graham

The guy was a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the guy was a theotrical dreamer and should have kept to writing stories and not public hunting speeches then he would never have got found out short , merle was funny so was some of his books as he was so inept at times ,but he hada writers licence as long as your arm saw some of his dogs work that was another story

the guy was a theotrical dreamer and should have kept to writing stories and not public hunting speeches then he would never have got found out short , merle was funny so was some of his books as he was so inept at times ,but he hada writers licence as long as your arm saw some of his dogs work that was another story

aw go on,tell us whin,where they legends in the field? :whistling:

Tell me Whin- is there anyone you have a good word for, what about Michael Shaw who wrote the Modern terrier & Modern Lurcher???????

WELL WHIN ,

WE AGREE ON THAT ONE ! ........

IVE MET THE GUY ..... ONE OF THE BIGGEST LET DOWNS OF MY LIFE AS A KID ..........

IAM AFRAID LADS ... PLUMMER WAS A BULLSHITTER OF THE FIRST DEGREE ............ NOT A BAD FICTION WRITER

BUT A DOG MAN ? ............. DEFINATELY NOT

DUCKWING

ye i have a good word for guys like harold wyman the great game, gazehounds and coursing d h salmon, i met mr plummer and was not impresd with his hunting knoweldge or the way he downed other writers who i knew and he realy never new , too eccentric for me especaily the way he talked about guys i new who were genuine huntin guys, he never came across as the books he wrote which well thats life , never read frosty morning by paul dooley , and the current books well pics etc which suits some but not if youve done alot ,dharcombes books are good , not saw many book writers in the mould of the men i grew up with and hunted with, im a realist and will not buy a book if i smell shite ,which is boring just the way it is , p loyds book was not to bad even tho people say he was another one with a writers licence , i lived through the srtrike of 85 and hunted poached to help mates and then we started to go hard at it , so once you get educated you soon l;earn whats true or smells funny , if a mans genuine i open the door to them but if not well keep them at a distance . all the best graham