Nell, Saluki Greyhound x Collie Deerhound

Had a visit from a friend saturday who has had a rough time of late and needs a good home for his 6 1/2 month old bitch. She is currently standing at 22tts. She is kenneled on her own as she is his only dog and he says she is very quiet aslong as she can see the house, if he puts her round the corner where she cant see the house she whines. She has been out only a couple of times and is showing promise but is definately unspoilt and needs bringing on. She walks on a lead and sits on command. She is good with children. She has started her livestock breaking but this is not complete yet and needs some more work. She will run at the sheep round here but when you say 'nell!' she knows not to go any further, i think it maybe just the puppy in her wanting to run and play with anything that moves lol! She is a very friendly bitch and A1 coursings dad has the brother to her and he is coming along nicely. Dam and sire both work well. he is west wales, just outside aberystwyth and open to sensible offers to the right home.

post-22007-1228680420_thumb.jpg

post-22007-1228680443_thumb.jpg

have you got a contact number?very intrested just im around 250 miles from you,can travel tho

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nell is coming back to us today, caravan monster has phoned to say that he has made a mistake and has now realised he doesnt have the time to bring a youngster on. He assures me nell has done nothing wrong and she has been clean in his caravan but he feels he has got a bit 'carried away' and shouldnt have taken her. He is leaving £100 of the money for 'messing us about' which is a nice jesture so she is back up for sale £100 ono.

I cant understand how you still have this pup looks like shes gona be a speed machine and a good ages with time left for puting your own stamp on her...my type of hound....wish she was in ireland

I think its just the time of year. Its a shame because she is such a nice bitch. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with her and the only reason for the sale is that the guy who owns her wifes just left after 30 yrs and he has to go to hospital leaving no one to look after the dog and the recovery time from his op is too long for him to keep nell, she would be wasted.

New photos from our 'training' session today. All these were taken in a field with sheep, all she did was watch them which i corrected, no chasing at all so i really think that whoever buys her will have no problem with finishing her stock breaking.

Nell walks to heel

post-22007-1230491626_thumb.jpg

Nell jumps

post-22007-1230491670_thumb.jpg

Nell recalls well

post-22007-1230491679.jpg

Nell runs

post-22007-1230491659.jpg

Nell looks at sheep

post-22007-1230491646.jpg

[what height is she tts? has she had any rabbits day or night?

thanks.

22 tts

1 rabbit daytime ferreting (the only one she's seen so 100% catch rate). still only 7 months old so plenty of time for whoever has her to get her doing things to their own preference, she is unspoilt and 100% genuine bitch.