Guest chilli

Ive seen pictures an been told accounts of people in the uk whove had them , no bad damage to the dogs you get more damage from other things by all accounts .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, i dont see why ur dogs cant catch em, hell they use JRTs to good effect to get them here

theres a guy known for using JRT x Whippets to catch pigs in my state, he does pretty good to from what ive heard

yeah ya right chilli, wat you guys have running around is the true wild boar which can grow alot bigger than wild pigs, but alot depends on the tucker they have and the time they have to grow. i would be using the smaller dogs myself as they can take the knocks betta than the bigger dogs and a rifle lol. but most will be able to be caught with a few lurchers and a few holders.

u mean 100 pounds in size, or 1000 pounds mate?

ive often read about JRTs and similar dogs that are called Nut dogs, because they grab the pigs by the nuts, which means the pig sits down, doesnt smash the dogs cos it gets its nuts bit if it stands up and then u just shoot it

that would be in the high 400kgs aaron, alot bigger than wat we get down under :icon_eek: those "nut dogs" are popular in nz, but the traditional ball grabber has been the fox terrier, not the short leggered little yapper jrt. the old foxy can sit down a fair sized boar and have it sceaming for his momma, it is one of the funnest things to watch.

that would be in the high 400kgs aaron, alot bigger than wat we get down under :icon_eek: those "nut dogs" are popular in nz, but the traditional ball grabber has been the fox terrier, not the short leggered little yapper jrt. the old foxy can sit down a fair sized boar and have it sceaming for his momma, it is one of the funnest things to watch.

yeah 400kg is a big mother ()#@$ of a pig lol

foxies and JRTs ive heard about doing it, but i dont know the laws in the UK, that is why i mentioned it, here it would be frowned upon by the powers that be

unfortunately boar are native to Britain....but we have hybrids that are close to the real boar....they have a couple of characteristics the same but mainly they can have litters the size of farmed pigs where as true boar have small litters........not meant to run them with dogs but i'm not sure if there is a minimum calibre for them as there not recognised to be out there!!! lol f**king DEFRA

sh :good: urly boys boar are not gonna compete with a couple of bullys on there ass.i recon a couple of bullys athletic/irish types (like mine) lol /bullxs would ground a boar even with a fight ....ide love to see my two try to try to ground one what fun

The bully type dogs are usually the first to get killed by a boar, don't under estimate the fighting ability of a pig, even a small one. The smaller boars are very agile and can cut your dog up before you even arrive on the scene. There was a dog killer weighed in at a comp I went to last weekend, it was only about 43 kg's and had a short jaw on him.

A dog is still a thin skinned animal, no matter how brave it is.