tikka t3 2506 vs hare

kiwi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read some where a group of nz choppers crews were doing the culling in scotland.

rabbit and wallaby control is with a 8 shot benelli and alot of ammo ;)

That would be tooooo close for comfort for me, forty yards from the floor, or forty yards from a fireball :blink:

But whatever floats your boat, or fly's your chopper :D

what there paying 1000s of pound on helicopters and very well paid and trained shooters of tax payers money :o to get some rabbits

I could think of alot of lurcher on shooting people who would happily do it for free.

I could think of alot of lurcher on shooting people who would happily do it for free.

You must be joking? They're all too busy fighting with each other, on the forums, to do any real pest control! :D:clapper:

theyl have to half it with a big fence. But that wouldnt work because every night the lurcher men would jump over it poach every rabbit they can and get chased of by a farmer :tongue2:

ive spent a lot of time in nz and even poachers use choppers there,where dive bomming door with a maserati plane then chopper sat over the hill shooting them,also poachers use them to get the stags in the traps when the balloon goes up.some farmers stretch wires across valleys ect to try stop them some even shoot at them as such is the value in deer... and thats a top shot ffuck what people say i would of still shot it if it was sucking the cows cock if i had that much confidence in my gun :icon_eek:

what there paying 1000s of pound on helicopters and very well paid and trained shooters of tax payers money :o to get some rabbits

the landowners pay for the rabbit control on some of the large stations and if your average uk lurcherman saw the rabbit numbers in central otago he would soon wear the feet off any dog and go back to using a rifle and shotgun....they are in the millions mate and why do it for free when you can get paid to do it for a job :icon_eek:

:blink: for the record book, this is new zealand, coursing hares is not done alot here, why bother when gun ownership is so easy ;) three hares can eat as much as a sheep so they get the bullet when the farmers needs them thinned out a bit.

the shot was perfectly safe lewismac, it is a 2506 not a lite .22 cal and the cattle are used to it ;)

i'll get the range next time with a range finder as i counted 300 paces when i inspected the carnage, i shot a bunny at half the distance which had very little damage til i kicked it over and the bits fell out....goo shot av if ya wanna see it :blink:

thats a naughty shot cant fault ya :clapper: