tikka t3 2506 vs hare

kiwi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's only dangerous in your minds eye mate.

you might think it looks bad but for any one thats done a bit of shooting it's just a headshot hare at the end of the day.

the wind was not an issue, as stated it was a 2506, well known for it's ability to handle wind better than a 22 cal.

the back stop was soft black sand and as clearly seen the angle was huge.

the shot was taken off the front porch of our beach bach and is part of the farm pest control programme, meaning you take the shots as they present themselves.

we shoot plenty of feral cats along the same stretch of sandunes so it was hardly a one off experience.

i suggest you avoid looking at any more video clips from new zealand, i'm sure the site of some guy hanging out of a chopper headshooting deer and goats will totally confuse your veiw of sport and pest control.

Indeed :thumbs:

:clapper:

it's only dangerous in your minds eye mate.

you might think it looks bad but for any one thats done a bit of shooting it's just a headshot hare at the end of the day.

the wind was not an issue, as stated it was a 2506, well known for it's ability to handle wind better than a 22 cal.

the back stop was soft black sand and as clearly seen the angle was huge.

the shot was taken off the front porch of our beach bach and is part of the farm pest control programme, meaning you take the shots as they present themselves.

we shoot plenty of feral cats along the same stretch of sandunes so it was hardly a one off experience.

i suggest you avoid looking at any more video clips from new zealand, i'm sure the site of some guy hanging out of a chopper headshooting deer and goats will totally confuse your veiw of sport and pest control.

Indeed :thumbs:

:clapper:

You mean this http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=75612

choppers are so much more cost effective with the terrain we have here.

new zealand invented the chopper cull and live capture using netguns and in the early days simply jumping off the skids onto the deer :blink: and yeah we invented bungy jumping too :clapper:

we have alot of smaller choppers down south that buzz around with a pilot and shooter just blasting everything from deer to chamois and thar in the mountains, search and destroy missions funded by the tax payer.

plenty of landowners also use a chopper to control rabbits as well.

Bloody Hell, how do you control Rabbits with a chopper :laugh:

Strap a punt gun to the side of it and do a summersault every time you fire it? :D Or a cannon with a Lurcher raring to go in it? :laugh:

Madness.

They use the choppers in the Highlands or at least have used them, to shoot the burgeoning Deer population.

Bungee Jumping? Don't tell me you jump out of helicopters, pick up the trophy and bounce back up? :D :D