how to use a red filter on lamp.

could anyone tell me can rabbits see a red filter on a lamp while being lamped,

From experience they appear to see the red light and foxes but don't seem to associate danger like they do full beam, use it to scan the fields for rabbits, then use full beam, with foxes, call them in using filter then when ready to run the dog put full beam on for the dog to sight it better. My old bitch never bothered when lamping rabbits but when the filter was on, you could feel her whole body quiver with excitement expecting foxes.

could anyone tell me can rabbits see a red filter on a lamp while being lamped,

From experience they appear to see the red light and foxes but don't seem to associate danger like they do full beam, use it to scan the fields for rabbits, then use full beam, with foxes, call them in using filter then when ready to run the dog put full beam on for the dog to sight it better. My old bitch never bothered when lamping rabbits but when the filter was on, you could feel her whole body quiver with excitement expecting foxes.

i echo wild rover....they see it but not to the same extent and dont seem to associate it with danger in the same way they would a white beam.